The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, sage said:

Update. 

On the way back form the PCR test, I got a flat tyre. This typer of car doesn't have a spare. Foot pump broke after a few seconds. 

AA wouldn't come out as ai have Covid. Walked 2 miles home with bad knee. Left car in supermarket car park 

Come on Derby, cheer me up

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I just find it strange that I got a really dark line straight away from my test and my missus only gets a faint line after 15 mins. The only difference is she had a booster 3 months ago where as I had mine last week.

the swabbing method is always going to be inconsistent - a darker line simply means that you got more viral material out your nose and onto the swab than your missus - doesn't mean that one of you is more or less infected than the other

6 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I just find it strange that I got a really dark line straight away from my test and my missus only gets a faint line after 15 mins. The only difference is she had a booster 3 months ago where as I had mine last week.

The difference may have been which bit of your noses that you rubbed, and with how much pressure?!

5 hours ago, Norman said:

The laterals pick up protein spikes. Not antibodies. So you can rule the booster out. 

Thanks so much. I was worried when I saw people linking feint lines to booster jabs! (Assuming that boosters a not linked to protein spikes, whatever they are!) ?

3 hours ago, sage said:

Update. 

On the way back form the PCR test, I got a flat tyre. This typer of car doesn't have a spare. Foot pump broke after a few seconds. 

AA wouldn't come out as ai have Covid. Walked 2 miles home with bad knee. Left car in supermarket car park 

OMG have you got to wait a week? Have they got cameras that check you in and out of the car park. If they have it might be worth giving them a ring. I hope it’s only mild like me.

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

OMG have you got to wait a week? Have they got cameras that check you in and out of the car park. If they have it might be worth giving them a ring. I hope it’s only mild like me.

a week? They tell me tomorrow

5 hours ago, sage said:

Update. 

i'd check out the car parking t&c's.  vast majority are limited to a few hours shopping, and have cameras.  

10 hours ago, sage said:

Update. 

Genuinely confused. Why would you tell the AA you have Covid? If they're changing your tyre you're out in the open air - just keep a little distance from them.

But I'm glad Derby will have cheered you up!

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Genuinely confused. Why would you tell the AA you have Covid? If they're changing your tyre you're out in the open air - just keep a little distance from them.

Yeah, I think I'd have kept schtum on that one and insisted I was feeling better.

Because I'm a responsible human being? 

When waiting to speak to someone, you are given an automated message explaining you have to disclose if you have Covid. 

Also. That car doesn't have a spare tyre. He would have had to get me home or to a tyre place that was open. 

On 12/12/2021 at 08:46, therealhantsram said:

What this and @GboroRam stats mean that it's impossible to extrapolate from the South Africa experience to predict what will happen here.  There are too many variables.

S.A has a young population, low vaccination rates and high levels of infection from Delta.

U.K. has old population, high vaccination rates and low levels of infection from Delta.

All we can do is watch and wait. 

There seems to be an emerging picture that suggests something the UK and South Africa have in common may be resulting in lower death rates in both countries.... the use of Astra Zeneca as the main vaccine first-time around.

Other countries that didn't use AZ are seeing much higher death rates from Omicron. Some researchers suggesting that the way the body reacts to AZ means the immunity sticks around for much longer. 

A number of MPs are all spouting virtually the same incorrect narrative - Jamie Jenkins has highlighted many on his twitter account over the past few weeks. 

Given they have been fact checked numerous times now and the correct data is easily accessible to all on the offficial Govt website I can only conclude that they are all either extremely incompetent or they are hoping the lie becomes so overwhelming that enough people believe it, justifying further restrictions.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

A number of MPs are all spouting virtually the same incorrect narrative - Jamie Jenkins has highlighted many on his twitter account over the past few weeks. 

Given they have been fact checked numerous times now and the correct data is easily accessible to all on the offficial Govt website I can only conclude that they are all either extremely incompetent or they are hoping the lie becomes so overwhelming that enough people believe it, justifying further restrictions.

I don't even get the argument.

In a normal winter, when the NHS tell us they are overhelmed, what number of people in hospital with flu are not vaccinated against it?

I do not remember this figure being pushed by the media ever.

The NHS is there to look after sick people, and the reasons behind their sickness should be irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't even get the argument.

In a normal winter, when the NHS tell us they are overhelmed, what number of people in hospital with flu are not vaccinated against it?

I do not remember this figure being pushed by the media ever.

The NHS is there to look after sick people, and the reasons behind their sickness should be irrelevant.

Its bizarre. 

There is a constant ill-informed narrative being pushed that is shaping peoples opinions despite clear facts to the contrary.