The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

13 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The vocal posters in this thread probably are a minority. Most people are quietly just dealing with it and not arguing, aren't happy but are putting up with the disruption and pain.

?

Most people? You must have done one hell of a survey to come to that conclusion.

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not claiming anything other than the fact that you are still free to travel anywhere in Europe, this isn't a claim, it is a fact.

My only claim is that the vaccine passports are a complete waste of time because, regardless of whether you have had 1, 2 or 3 jabs, you can still contract the virus and you can still spread it.

I don't see them as an attack on my freedoms, I just see them as pointless and a waste of people's time and money, as I assume the Government will not be providing any funds to help businesses enforce this.

If you wear a seatbelt you can still die or be injured in a car crash. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear one especially if you are Richard Keogh.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

If you wear a seatbelt you can still die or be injured in a car crash. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear one especially if you are Richard Keogh.

I'm not sure of the relevance of that analogy?

I'm not saying don't get vaccinated, that is a personal choice for each individual to make.

I'm saying the vaccine passports make no sense because even if you're vaccinated you can still carry and pass on the virus.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I know two people who died within days of having a jab, they had long standing illnesses but not immediately life threatening. One was late 40's one mid 50's. Their families believe the jab killed them. I don't know, I have no clue and no way of knowing. 

I know two others who very nearly died after a jab, blood clots, but were young and fit and managed to pull through. 

These are not anecdotal, these are people I know, worked with, live near, know their mums, dads, brothers, sisters, cousins etc.

That is actually the very definition of anecdotal evidence - personal stories.

I run Facebook groups with about 10k people in them and I have maybe another 10k people follow me on social media and I literally don't know anybody who had a severe problem. I'm not saying that means they don't exist, I'm sure they do, but I'd say your experience is incredibly unusual. If we ll knew a couple of people who'd died and two more who almost did nobody would be having the vaccine, especially not doctors who know that it poses that level of danger.

I know my wife thinks all NHS staff should be vaccinated and so do her immediate colleagues. It was the same in the US before we moved back. She's never met a medical professional who isn't in favour of that. Although that's anecdotal and I'm sure there are some.

My wife already has to have 5 vaccinations to be able to work in the NHS, so I'm not sure why adding another is any different.

Can you explain that?

It seems to get swept under the carpet by people lashing out at this.

She had a patient last month who has colorectal cancer and needed some procedure or other. He not only refused to be vaccinated but wouldn't let them test him. Their guidelines are not to treat people like that, but they did. They cleared the area at a huge amount of time that then wasn't spent with other patients, removed all nonessential staff and treated the selfish ducker because they recognise their duty of care and they're professionals.

Things like that that are happening get missed by people because they're not really that newsworthy, but it's that kind of collateral damage that is seriously hurting the NHS and is born out of selfishness. There were no clinical grounds for the man not having the jab or at least being tested.

I'm against making vaccines mandatory through society, but if somebody wants to work with highly vulnerable people then grow up and get vaccinated.

Or storm off in a huff.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1.So did you obey every single rule relating to Covid restrictions last year?

2,Its all a smokescreen.

3.Do you seriously think a group of, what look to be, youngish people gathering for food and drinks, when they had probably been working alongside each other all day already, is more of an issue than the Government trying to instill fear into its citizens? When they clearly dont fear the thing that they are convincing everyone else to be scared of?

1.Yes, I had 2 lockdowns at work and was paid 80% of my wage, I never got to see my Mother in a nursing home when she passed...of Covid, I never went to my Siblings homes over Xmas...altho we did meet outside for a walk...which was allowed, I masked up when I had to go shopping, I've had 2 AZ injections and 1 Pfizer booster injection

2. I'm inclined to agree with you... the Truth is out there, But we're fighting a Government that has the power ATM

3. Do I think it's an issue...Yes, They're breaking the law, Are these people entitled to be different to those who obey the Laws, As for Governments...meh, They're there if we believe to serve the public, When in all honesty they are there to serve themselves, There is still a Class void in the UK and getting bigger...imo, But if an Old Sod like me who broke many a law back in the day now adheres to the Law of the land, Why can't they...is it one Law for them...and one Law for everyone else?

4. If this was in the 80s i'd have been on the frontline fighting authority, But it aint, When you hit old age life in some ways looks a little different, It's slower, Very comfotable, Easy to live, And at a pace that I like.

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I run Facebook groups with about 10k people in them and I have maybe another 10k people follow me on social media and I literally don't know anybody who had a severe problem. I'm not saying that means they don't exist, I'm sure they do, but I'd say your experience is incredibly unusual. If we ll knew a couple of people who'd died and two more who almost did nobody would be having the vaccine, especially not doctors who know that it poses that level of danger.

I know my wife thinks all NHS staff should be vaccinated and so do her immediate colleagues. It was the same in the US before we moved back. She's never met a medical professional who isn't in favour of that. 

Again, another post that gives a definition followed by an example. Loving the effort people go to. 

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know my wife thinks all NHS staff should be vaccinated and so do her immediate colleagues. It was the same in the US before we moved back. She's never met a medical professional who isn't in favour of that. Although that's anecdotal and I'm sure there are some.

My wife already has to have 5 vaccinations to be able to work in the NHS, so I'm not sure why adding another is any different.

Can you explain that?

It seems to get swept under the carpet by people lashing out at this.

She had a patient last month who has colorectal cancer and needed some procedure or other. He not only refused to be vaccinated but wouldn't let them test him. Their guidelines are not to treat people like that, but they did. They cleared the area at a huge amount of time that then wasn't spent with other patients, removed all nonessential staff and treated the selfish ducker because they recognise their duty of care and they're professionals.

Things like that that are happening get missed by people because they're not really that newsworthy, but it's that kind of collateral damage that is seriously hurting the NHS and is born out of selfishness. There were no clinical grounds for the man not having the jab or at least being tested.

I'm against making vaccines mandatory through society, but if somebody wants to work with highly vulnerable people then grow up and get vaccinated.

Or storm off in a huff.

I also know of 2 people that died after having the vaccine, although admittedly friends of colleagues so cannot verify this.

Both under 40. One died from a blood clot, the other from a heart attack.

I'm not sure people not wanting the vaccine is anything to do with 'growing up'.

If you extrapolate the data out from the people in this thread, it sounds to me like people are dropping like flies after having the vaccine.

Yet doctors are still overwhelmingly in favour of getting it for themselves and giving it to their families.

It appears we have a bunch of homicidal and suicidal psychopaths running our health service.

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not sure of the relevance of that analogy?

I'm not saying don't get vaccinated, that is a personal choice for each individual to make.

I'm saying the vaccine passports make no sense because even if you're vaccinated you can still carry and pass on the virus.

Well if you read what you just said and read what I said about seatbelts how can you not see the analogy. Wearing seatbelts reduces the risk of death or injury , it doesn’t eliminate that risk altogether. Likewise with vaccination. Maybe it’s just me but don’t think it is that difficult to see the comparison. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well if you read what you just said and read what I said about seatbelts how can you not see the analogy. Wearing seatbelts reduces the risk of death or injury , it doesn’t eliminate that risk altogether. Likewise with vaccination. Maybe it’s just me but don’t think it is that difficult to see the comparison. 

And what has that got to do with vaccine passports?

Do you have to carry round a card saying that you wear a seatbelt?

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If you extrapolate the data out from the people in this thread, it sounds to me like people are dropping like flies after having the vaccine.

Yet doctors are still overwhelmingly in favour of getting it for themselves and giving it to their families.

It appears we have a bunch of homicidal and suicidal psychopaths running our health service.

From what I can see, 85% of doctors (who responded to a BMA survey) have had the vaccine, so pretty much in line with the general population.

That equates to roughly 1 in 6 doctors not having, plus any others who may not have responded to the question.

I wouldn't really call that overwhelming personally.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

What a diverse bunch eh, reckon they are really in touch with all the different people who live in London.

How thick must they all be to pose for that photo too? They'll be MPs in 10 years, after writing books about British workers are amongst the worst idlers in the world.

Which one is vegan?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

From what I can see, 85% of doctors (who responded to a BMA survey) have had the vaccine, so pretty much in line with the general population.

That equates to roughly 1 in 6 doctors not having, plus any others who may not have responded to the question.

I would imagine its very difficult for doctors who have doubts to actually speak out. Any that have are soon classed as mavericks/anti-vaxxers/conspiricists etc.

6 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

If it's doubling in less than two days, how long before every person in the country has it. Approximately how many people will have this by Christmas day??

By my quick calculation, that would make it 25 million people would have Covid by Dec 25th and everyone in the country by the 30th.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I still have a tendency to follow US news first and the AMA have said 97% of physicians are fully vaccinated. 

I'd be stunned if the figure in the UK is dramatically lower. Feel free to point me to updated stats because I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I still have a tendency to follow US news first and the AMA have said 97% of physicians are fully vaccinated. 

I'd be stunned if the figure in the UK is dramatically lower. Feel free to point me to updated stats because I could be wrong. 

It was you that made the claim that:-

'Yet doctors are still overwhelmingly in favour of getting it for themselves and giving it to their families.'

So I would assume you already have the facts to back this up?

FWIW I could not find any stats at all about doctors in favour of giving it to their families but will obviously accept it when you provide the evidence.