The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

COVID update....not so much my health but my experience of the process.

PCR Test- Booking and having a drive through PCR test was straight forward. Thumbs up.

Track & Trace - OMFG. Bearing in mind all 4 of us have covid it's a mess. 

Despite getting a positive PCR test email for my eldest, nothing from T&T.

I had a 20 minute call for my youngest which ended with me agreeing my legal responsibility to inform all family members to isolate. 

I logged my T&T online. My wife did the same. Between her and I we have had about 9 phone calls and several emails. I took another call yesterday morning where, on challenging I'd done all this online, was told it wasn't showing, possibly a glitch. So I went through it all again. She asked how I was, not great I replied. Have a wonderful day she ended.  Talk about following a script. 

Final call was yesterday afternoon, I think prompted from my youngest's report to tell me as I had been double jabbed I didn't need to self isolate, but if I got any symptoms I should get a test! What? I already have covid. You know this.  I refrained from pointing this out as I cba, just to get her off the phone. 

And as I write this my wife has just had another T&T call.

System is massively and hugely broken. 

7 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

PCR Test- Booking and having a drive through PCR test was straight forward. Thumbs up.

I had a 20 minute call for my youngest which ended with me agreeing my legal responsibility to inform all family members to isolate. 

I logged my T&T online. My wife did the same. Between her and I we have had about 9 phone calls and several emails. I took another call yesterday morning where, on challenging I'd done all this online, was told it wasn't showing, possibly a glitch. So I went through it all again. She asked how I was, not great I replied. Have a wonderful day she ended.  Talk about following a script. 

Final call was yesterday afternoon, I think prompted from my youngest's report to tell me as I had been double jabbed I didn't need to self isolate, but if I got any symptoms I should get a test! What? I already have covid. You know this.  I refrained from pointing this out as I cba, just to get her off the phone. 

Strangely we have had the opposite experience of track and trace,  finding everything has worked well and is relatively straightforward. I also got good calls from people who were chatty and helpful. 

Yes, there was an element of script reading, but went on to answer all my questions, told me when they'd be ringing back and did exactly what they said. 

They also followed up with the contacts I had listed, much to their annoyance!

I also found the testing side simple (except Derbyshire appeared to have no bookable PCR test sites at the time) so both my and my partner had to drive to Notts for tests.

7 hours ago, maxjam said:

Why not, seems lovely...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/10/15/melbourne-embraced-zero-covid-now-remains-isolated-world-bounces/

For those that cba to click on the link, some highlights...

- Melbourne holds the dubious record of being the most locked-down city in the world – 260 days and counting.

- The twitching curtain brigade, encouraged by government campaigns urging them to inform on their neighbours, watch for rule-breakers and use special hotlines to summon the police.

- Masks are mandatory outdoors even if walking on a windswept beach or a deserted street. Those caught disobeying may be fined, handcuffed, forcibly masked and arrested if they refuse to comply.

- Getting into Australia has been near-impossible. Getting out requires a North Korea-style exit permit. Border closures have separated families and caused untold hardship. Babies have died, unable to access urgent medical attention at the nearest hospital across a locked state border.

- While deaths have remained low, other metrics paint a disastrous picture. Psychologists and GPs report a surge in substance abuse, eating disorders, domestic and child abuse, truancy, depression, anxiety and self-harm.

Sounds pretty rubbish. But they have had under 1.5k deaths, where as we've had days more than that. And we've now got a huge NHS waiting list which needs NI increase to pay for. 

They screwed up their vaccine supply downunder though, as well as having to deal with anti-vaxxers. Why bother taking a vaccine for a virus that has only killed 1.5k, right?!

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

They screwed up their vaccine supply downunder though, as well as having to deal with anti-vaxxers. Why bother taking a vaccine for a virus that has only killed 1.5k, right?!

Yeah they screwed up their vaccine program. 

Nice to see the Australian Govt going with the old USA mantra of winning hearts and minds to get the pesky anti-vaxxers to change their minds...

Edited by maxjam

13 hours ago, maxjam said:

Nice to see the Australian Govt going with the old USA mantra of winning hearts and minds to get the pesky anti-vaxxers to change their minds...

and meanwhile, my sister a nurse who administers vaccinations in schools has had death threats posted to her. What a world

Edited by Stive Pesley

I got pinged by the Covid app yesterday, saying I'd been within 2 metres of someone for the 15 mins, the day before. The only time this could have been is when I was in a coffee shop with my daughter, but I'd swear that I (or my phone lying on the table) wasn't within 2 metres of anyone else.

Anyway, because I'm jabbed, it just recommended that I take a test - so I did an LFT and it was negative. I'm mostly surprised the ping wasn't from being around loads of people in London last week.

14 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I got pinged by the Covid app yesterday, saying I'd been within 2 metres of someone for the 15 mins, the day before. The only time this could have been is when I was in a coffee shop with my daughter, but I'd swear that I (or my phone lying on the table) wasn't within 2 metres of anyone else.

Anyway, because I'm jabbed, it just recommended that I take a test - so I did an LFT and it was negative. I'm mostly surprised the ping wasn't from being around loads of people in London last week.

Does it tell you when and where the ping was triggered from then these days? Last time we got pinged it was a total mystery and we never did work out the how/why/when

22 hours ago, angieram said:

Strangely we have had the opposite experience of track and trace,  finding everything has worked well and is relatively straightforward. I also got good calls from people who were chatty and helpful. 

Yes, there was an element of script reading, but went on to answer all my questions, told me when they'd be ringing back and did exactly what they said. 

They also followed up with the contacts I had listed, much to their annoyance!

I also found the testing side simple (except Derbyshire appeared to have no bookable PCR test sites at the time) so both my and my partner had to drive to Notts for tests.

Maybe my experience was the exception rather than the rule then.  Hope so.  Had another missed call yesterday, this time from Buckinghamshire Council T&T.  I've not called back. 

17 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Does it tell you when and where the ping was triggered from then these days? Last time we got pinged it was a total mystery and we never did work out the how/why/when

No, it just said it was a 2mtr/15mins exposure risk on the 16th.

In my case, there's only one place it could possibly have been, where we spent any significant length of time around other people.

On 17/10/2021 at 10:43, BucksRam said:

I had pretty much the same experience a few weeks ago when the mrs came down with it thanks to an inconsiderate nob-end in her office spreading it around.  She had numerous calls from T&T due to the fact that whatever database their users were all accessing it wasn't updating in real time.  She gave the details of her co workers and family & friends she was likely to have come in contact with 4 different times.  Bearing in mind that she was completely out of it and struggling to breath when they did call it didn't exactly help with her trying to get over it.  Voice mail messages threatening to pass her details to our local council to issue a fine didn't help either.

I finally had a call from them SEVEN DAYS after she gave them my details.  And all they asked was if i was feeling okay and to isolate if I had an symptoms.  Well duh...

Shambles...

38 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I had pretty much the same experience a few weeks ago when the mrs came down with it thanks to an inconsiderate nob-end in her office spreading it around.  She had numerous calls from T&T due to the fact that whatever database their users were all accessing it wasn't updating in real time.  She gave the details of her co workers and family & friends she was likely to have come in contact with 4 different times.  Bearing in mind that she was completely out of it and struggling to breath when they did call it didn't exactly help with her trying to get over it.  Voice mail messages threatening to pass her details to our local council to issue a fine didn't help either.

I finally had a call from them SEVEN DAYS after she gave them my details.  And all they asked was if i was feeling okay and to isolate if I had an symptoms.  Well duh...

Shambles...

Not just me then.  Yeah both my wife and I were struggling to be honest and having to fend off constant emails texts and phone calls was the last thing I felt like doing, especially with 2 kids to worry about too.  I get it's important but it's not being handled well in my opinion.  It's no wonder some people are keeping quiet (which I don't agree with by the way). 

3 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Not just me then.  Yeah both my wife and I were struggling to be honest and having to fend off constant emails texts and phone calls was the last thing I felt like doing, especially with 2 kids to worry about too.  I get it's important but it's not being handled well in my opinion.  It's no wonder some people are keeping quiet (which I don't agree with by the way). 

Yep posted months back that my wife’s experience with them when she had it was not good ,,, first two calls she gave all details needed over to someone with noisy children in the background there end , third call went over it all again and eventually told them she really didn’t feel well and had given them all details , fourth call she went so far into it then just hung up and blocked the number??‍♂️,

interesting that Scotland has more cases per capita than England despite masks??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

20 hours ago, Archied said:

Yep posted months back that my wife’s experience with them when she had it was not good ,,, first two calls she gave all details needed over to someone with noisy children in the background there end , third call went over it all again and eventually told them she really didn’t feel well and had given them all details , fourth call she went so far into it then just hung up and blocked the number??‍♂️,

interesting that Scotland has more cases per capita than England despite masks??‍♂️

I refuse to believe this

We have a world leading Test and Trace system.  

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The 3 family members of mine who have had Covid, have all said the T&T process was fine. Even calls afterwards to thank them for playing by the rules and isolating.

Just for the purposes of balance.

That's good.  But in saying that, I had yet another call from them this morning (after yesterday's) just to remind me of my legal duty, and to ensure I was still isolating.  I must have told them 6 times now I'm being a good boy and isolating.  I get the importance, but it's overkill in my opinion. She did ask how I was to be fair and also apologise that she knew I'd been asked these questions before. NSS. 

12 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

That's good.  But in saying that, I had yet another call from them this morning (after yesterday's) just to remind me of my legal duty, and to ensure I was still isolating.  I must have told them 6 times now I'm being a good boy and isolating.  I get the importance, but it's overkill in my opinion. She did ask how I was to be fair and also apologise that she knew I'd been asked these questions before. NSS. 

Could be worse...

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australias-two-largest-states-trial-facial-recognition-software-police-pandemic-2021-09-16/

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

It could indeed. It's perhaps no wonder, nor a coincidence that to balance their low incidence of COVID related deaths they have a huge spike in mental health issues.