Wycombe v Derby, Tuesday 16th February

Kinder

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Should have won it with the CKR chance before Wisdom goal, don’t think it was robbery personally.

Thank you. All this robbery? Clearly some forum members have been on the juice. Draw may have been fair I’d say but why let a miss of the game by our Colin.... he will miss occasionally....... get in the way of a good moan. So thank you again Dean hick ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

It seems like a gamble when it’s put like that.  If it was, it payed off.  I doubt WR is gambling anything ATM though.  When the team sheet came out, there was a muttering that the logic behind the fullbacks was to do with height and the aerial bombardment we might be facing.  Really? Our solid defence changed because Byrne is quite small etc?  We looked so much better after the changes.  WR please don’t overthink every match, let’s play our best team.  The tactics can be tweaked with the players we have, no?

Yes he confirmed in the interview after the game, Forsyth & Mengi played because of their height. 

I agree that we should just play our best team and not worry as much as he is about the opponent. In the end we were very lucky today but the play was very poor in general. 

Our team is better than theirs and we should play to our strengths and make them worry about us rather than the other way round. However, I understand the need for results at the moment. 

Earlier in the season we were getting nothing, and that old cliche things even themselves out over a season was just a pipe dream, I do now feel that despite still having bad referees our actual luck is turning......Terrible tonight but what a great result

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Massive massive win tonight. Takes the pressure completely off the Watford game and we have a great chance next week with Huddersfield and Forest to really get into mid-table.

Dont care about the performances of the past two games. Preston Sheff Wed were excellent performances and we got nothing. Overall considering how we’ve played under Rooney over the past 16 games we’ve taken the level of points we’ve deserved. We are 6 points clear of the drop zone with a chance to really get out of it now. Credit has to go to Rooney and the team. 
The thing I loved the most about tonight was how angry Rooney was with that performance. He knows we need to be better than that, we are better than that.

The next 3 games we will have the chance to play football again and we need to be better. Hopefully we’ll ditch 4-4-2 now and get back to 4-3-3, that’s the best system for our game.

Mentions for Wiz and Edmundson who did well, and Waggy who is improving and get back to something like his best. Roberts has to start against Watford. Looks a real player and obviously look forward to Buchanan and Byrne coming back into the team

COYR!!!

this.

For me a very good 3 points, which we did not deserve, but job done, we have played better and not won this season , home against Wycombe and Coventry, away against Forest, all draws, so tonight we got a tad lucky but so what. 

Rooney was right in what he said we played poorly, and he will not accept that level of performance, well done to him for being honest most managers are not, we will be better against Watford, mark my words on it, and don't t be surprise if we do not get a positive result against them. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

6 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

We did only have 3 shots on target. 

Marshall made several great saves as well.

Only one save tough from Marshall.

Their keeper made several decent saves also and was just as busy.

Our defence largely played well.

Last 15 mins we were the better team again. Dodgy spell end of first half and start of second but we worked it out.

Crap game. Good win. Bring on Watford.?

Could so easily have been reading posts of how we got what we deserved or why do we always lose to these teams and we were lucky to get a draw, i am just happy that we got the 3 points don't care how and nether does/should any other team fighting for points in this league at this stage in the season.

Appalling game, two poor sides, league 2 standard football for much of it.

But right now, until we can improve this squad and Rooney can really start to imprint his football on them, I've stopped caring. 

We need points. We got points. Only aim this season is to stay up an hope we can improve the squad over the summer and of late we are showing we're up for the fight.  

With no Byrne or Buchanan and Knight and Shinnie doing the normal grunt stuff in midfield, the pressure was on Jozwiak and Waghorn to provide creative outlets. They just didn’t do that. In fact, Waghorn looked far more effective when he played through the middle.

Ugly game, ugly win, beautiful three points.

10 hours ago, RamNut said:

Who left them out in the first place?

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Ii am no expert but I guess Rooney was wanting to save them for Friday. Lots of games coming thick and fast.

Good man management I say.

Or we could just play them constantly and run out of steam.

He said in his post match interview that he left them on the bench as he expected a lot of crosses into the box and Mengi & Forsyth's height would help.

Archived