Derby vs Smog Monsters Match Ratings - Deadline noon Sunday

sage

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall - 6/10 - No chance with the goal, and wasn’t really stretched after that.

Byrne - 7/10 - Not much going forward but was brilliant in his No 1 duty.

Wisdom - 7/10 - Steady and dealt well with Asombalongadingdong well.

Clarke - 5/10 - Thought he had one of his off days today. Looked nervy throughout, and was very indecisive with his passing.

Buccanan - 8/10 - Up and down all game, and took care of whoever he came up against. I feared for him when Mendez-Laing came on, but he didn’t give him a sniff. MOM 

Waghorn - 3/10 - Crap. Offered nothing and slowed down everything that went down the right hand side. I’d be pissed off if I were Roberts or Sibley watched that performance.

Shinnie - 6/10 - Tough task today as it was bypassing him and Knight for the most part, but broke up play well enough.

Knight - 6/10 - See Shinnie.

Joswiak - 5/10 - Made a number of poor decisions, made himself look stupid tying to get a foul when was through 1 on 1 till an appalling touch. 

Kazim-Richards - 8/10 - Absolute thunder-bar steward for the eventual winner. If Chris Martin was The Wardrobe, Col-Kaz is a Mahogany tool cupboard!! 

Gregory - 8/10 - Scored 1, made 1. Put himself about. Liked how he dropped deep to help out in midfield. Looks like he’ll be big for us in the run in.

Subs

Bird - 6/10 - See Shinnie & Knight, but a big block on Mendez-Laing.

Mengi - N/A - Used up a few seconds 

Marshall 7 - solid all game, no real chance with their goal

Byrne 7 - really solid display today. Didnt get forward much in the new formation but defensively secure throughout

Wisdom 7 - some good moments with crucial interventions & also a couple of good forays upfield. Felt he didnt do enough to stop their lad pulling into the box for their goal & sone hesitancy aerially and in possession at other times

Clarke 8 - always looks quality when defending a late onslaught from a direct side. No change today. Composed as ever on the ball

Buchanan 8 MOM - excellent today I thought. Up against Kebano & then Mendez-Laing but limited both to glimpses. Fantastic in the air as usual & much needed against their hoofball. Assist also for Gregory's opener

Waghorn 6 - average display. Excellent corner to set up first goal & worked hard protecting Byrne but a few poor touches/decisions elsewhere. Also struggled to make much impact going forward

Shinnie 7 - industrious display & in his proper position. Struggled to keep hold of possession at times. Seemed to be second press after Kazim late on to secure the win

Knight 7 - like Shinnie, very industrious display. Deeper position suits his skillset better than the advanced position he has played recently

Jozwiak 4 - not good enough today. Really poor decision making when in promising positions. Not crossing early enough, poor delivery when he did & worst of all, going to ground when clean through second half in an attempt to get their lad sent off. If in doubt, he should be staying on his feet as default. Gets too emotional for me also, needs to calm down & channel his anger into hurting the opposition

Gregory 8 - excellent full debut. A goal, an assist, a great floated cross to Kazim for his header second half. Worked hard throughout both helping his midfield and chasing down their back 4, held the ball up well & really mobile.

Kazim 7 - mixed bag from King Kazim today. The good...that goal! Also great hold up play in the first half & a fantastic ball over the top for Jozwiak second half. The bad...the sloppy layoff that led to their goal & struggled with extra attention from their back 4 second half. Also conceded some silly fouls late on that invited pressure 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Take it you are not a fan of Marshall. What did he do wrong today to get 5?

Lacked command on a couple of crosses for me, and distribution wasn’t great. Had nothing to do really in order to cancel those negatives out, so had to give him a below average mark. Find it quite difficult to grade goalkeepers generally though as they’re not as involved as outfield players.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Lacked command on a couple of crosses for me, and distribution wasn’t great. Had nothing to do really in order to cancel those negatives out, so had to give him a below average mark. Find it quite difficult to grade goalkeepers generally though as they’re not as involved as outfield players.

Mmmmmm

Marshall 6

Byrne   7

Wisdom  7

Clarke  7

Buchanan  8

Waghorn 3

Shinnie 6

Knight 6

Jozwiak 3

Gregory 9

CKR 8