Derby vs Smog Monsters Match Ratings - Deadline noon Sunday

sage

Marshall...........6 Had very little to do. No way at fault for the goal. Involved a lot through pass-backs and kicked long.

Byrne...............7. Not so geographically adventurous but defended well as usual. 

Wisdom...........6. Did nothing wrong but dwelled on the ball at times and took risks. We’re not as robust as we could be and we defended scruffily at times with the ball pinging about. 

Clarke.............7. Water-tight. A hard-nut to crack. 

Buchanan.......8. MotM. LB. aka The Bucaneer. Very good defensively against 2 tricky wingers. Also assisted the first goal. Heads the ball very well. He’s just 19 and destined for the highest level.

Waghorn........7. Enjoyed a better game than of late. Vg corner for first goal. Some good moments but also some awful ones eg square passes to opponents instead of team mates.

Shinnie...........7. Less conspicuous without Bielik alongside but still doing opposition attack demolition jobs with confidence.

Knight............7. Ubiquitous. We need more creativity though. 

Jozwiak.........7. Moth-like. Kept being a nuisance, without actually much point to his endeavour. Won a lot of defensive tackles but needs to link up play more with team mates.

Gregory.......7. Very effective game. Well-taken goal. Took pressure off  CKR allowed the Coca Cola kid to play deeper.

CKR.............8. This guy is so good to watch. He has some lovely skills and great vision, and his goal was a 25 yard rocket hit with Bruce Rioch power. Played Joz in on goal with a sublime outside of the foot through pass. Committed quite a lot of fouls and gave the ball away which led to Boro’s goal but he’s turned into an outstanding player who deserves the presence of a crowd which would give him 10% more effectiveness. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall 6 not much to do, nothing he could do about the goal

Byrne 7 - good defending down the right, get forward well 

Wisdom 7 - worries me when he has too much time on the ball, but was always in the right place at the right time

Clarke 8 - the bedrock of the team, game after game 

Buchanan 8 - excellent assist, good raiding forward, solid defensively

Waghorn 5 - worked hard but added nothing of value going forward

Shinnie 7 - So industrious, ratting around to great value

Knight 6 - quieter than Shinnie but a decent enough game

Jozwiak 5 - see Waghorn

Gregory 7 - Good first start with a goal and assist, faded after the break understandably but already looks a decent partner for CKR

CKR 8 - outstanding again, fantastic strike, brilliant hold up play and never gave the Boro defence a moment. My MoM. 

Marshall 6.2 (range 5 - 7)

Byrne 6.9 ( 6 - 8 )

Wisdom 6.8 ( 5 - 8 )

Clarke 7.1 ( 5 - 8 )

Buchanan 7.9 ( 7 - 9 )

Waghorn 5.6 ( 3 - 7 )

Shinnie 6.5 ( 5 - 7 )

Knight 6.4 (5 - 7 )

Jozwiak 5.5 ( 3 - 7 )

Gregory 7.4 ( 6 - 9 )

CKR 7.1 ( 5 - 8 )

Team score 6.7 

those results are a fair reflection of the game,scruffy skyball,very little quality.marshall had very little to do to earn a rating,waghorn was more use to both defences than our attack,kami always seems to get crowded out,hopefully now we have roberts and gregory,the attack improves and kami gets more space,i feel sure there is a player in there,i also think he will miss bielik,they seemed to have an understanding between them

I think Buchanan is an excellent young player but I’m not sure he was worth an eight yesterday.

Kebano was Middlesboro’s most dangerous player yesterday and whilst Lee on the whole dealt with him well, he still managed to get in a few dangerous crosses and beat him to score a goal. 

Lee got some great headers in, including to help set Gregory up, but for me, defensively he would lose a mark for their goal.

Archived