Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rampage said:

That is more hopeful. So FIVE IN if completed.

Summary 

Two CH, One RW, One AM, One CF 

All on loan which with Clark we would mean we would have six loanees. We can have seven in the squad but only five on the pitch. Is this true. Probably only Roberts on higher wages.

I make it one AM, one FM a SW and a DAB

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Very good window, and most importantly we kept hold of Knight, Buchanan, Bird and Sibley hats off to whoever has made this possible, was panicking we’d lose them all and sign nobody just a week or so ago! 

You weren't the only one. 

This forum has been in meltdown then a week later is in rapture. 

This can happen in the week between a victory, a defeat and then another victory. 

The bipolar nature of the group never ceases to amaze me. 

It's the Derby way! 

?

Two good transfer windows in a row and our team is at last looking like having some sort of balance. Surely the amount of loans is a bit of a worry and the situation with centrebacks and strikers, but I'm not too worried. Due the tightened financial situation, there should be abundance of free transfer available next summer.

Team for the rest of the season (4-3-3):

GK: Marshall, Roos, Idem

RB: Byrne, Wisdom, McDonald

RCB: Edmundson, Wisdom

LCB: Clarke, Mengi

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth

DM: Bird, Baningime, Watson

RCM: Knight, Bird, Sibley

LCM: Shinnie, Bird, Sibley

RW: Roberts, Jozwiak, Knight, Waghorn, Sibley, JML, Ibe

LW: Jozwiak, Roberts, Knight, Sibley, Lawrence, Ibe

CF: CKR, Gregory, Stretton, Waghorn

Not perfect, but way, way better than yesterday morning. Will be interesting to see who will get the nod as a CB if we decide to replace Bielik with tactical switch.

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Two good transfer windows in a row and our team is at last looking like having some sort of balance. Surely the amount of loans is a bit of a worry and the situation with centrebacks and strikers, but I'm not too worried. Due the tightened financial situation, there should be abundance of free transfer available next summer.

Team for the rest of the season (4-3-3):

GK: Marshall, Roos, Idem

RB: Byrne, Wisdom, McDonald

RCB: Edmundson, Wisdom

LCB: Clarke, Mengi

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth

DM: Bird, Baningime, Watson

RCM: Knight, Bird, Sibley

LCM: Shinnie, Bird, Sibley

RW: Sinclair, Jozwiak, Knight, Waghorn, Sibley, JML, Ibe

LW: Jozwiak, Sinclair, Knight, Sibley, Lawrence, Ibe

CF: CKR, Gregory, Stretton, Waghorn

Not perfect, but way, way better than yesterday morning. Will be interesting to see who will get the nod as a CB if we decide to replace Bielik with tactical switch.

Sinclair ?? Genuine question have I missed something ? 

I’m getting strong 2005 vibes, with the six loan players and relegation dogfight under an ownership that’s unwilling to (or simply can’t) spend any money. 

We brought in: Kalilou Fadiga, Johnnie Jackson, Peter Whittingham, Alan Wright, Michael McIndoe, Dexter Blackstock, Andrew Davies, Mounir El Hamdaoui, Kevin Lisbie, Danny Graham, Stern John & Emerson Thome in on loan over the course of the season. Patching up holes and getting by in a seriously chaotic way, but ultimately getting by under Terry Westley in the end. Ironically, after saying he didn’t want the job full time to begin with, he seemed to get the hump and take our best academy prospect with him to Birmingham the season after. 

Loan players are typically difficult to gauge, some are more motivated than others and some really don’t live up to billing. I guess it will all come out, but out of the 5 made I would predict that 3, maybe even 4, make next to no positive impact. I would guarantee at least one of them will help in a big way, but no idea which one at this stage. 

41 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Loan players are typically difficult to gauge, some are more motivated than others and some really don’t live up to billing. I guess it will all come out, but out of the 5 made I would predict that 3, maybe even 4, make next to no positive impact. I would guarantee at least one of them will help in a big way, but no idea which one at this stage. 

Normally I would fully agree with this, but with Rooney I think we have one of the best motivational coaches we’ve had in many many years. He talks about character and training the right way. He is building a team not a collection of players that fit in a formation. You can sense the camaraderie within the squad now as they battle up the table together. It’s a big turnaround.

I fully expect Rooney to get the most out of the new players. He will let them know what they need to do to have the best future in the game.

Mengi will need to prove himself to push into the United squad. Baningime needs to show what he can do in first team football after being out of the picture at Everton for so long. Roberts has the chance to recapture his form from Celtic and not fizzle out like so many young talents do. Edmundson can prove that he isn’t a liability off the field and let his football do the talking. Gregory is playing for the biggest team in his career at 32! ?

Rooney will know how to motivate them and hopefully they all come good and get us up the table. The lobs mean we will need to do a lot of work in the summer, but it also means we aren’t tied down to contracts with players that might not perform or fit into the squad as planned.

I think there’s a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season so expect a lot of free transfers around the country in the summer window. If Rooney can operate within the budget constraints and get in quality players then I have high hopes for next season. But let’s get this one finished first!

So not only have we brought in 6 players and given ourselves much needed cover for  centre half, centre forward, midfield and some extra quality for the wide areas, Knight Sibley Buchanan Bird are all still here. Where is this fire sale to pay wages, when are we being plunged into administration? It hasn’t happened, it was never going to happen. 

Not saying everything is rosy, the takeover has been an ongoing saga that we just need to move on from, and all clubs are struggling in a pandemic but our situation has been blown out of all proportion by people getting hysterical because of fake news in the daily mail and because they haven’t heard any information so wildly speculate a doomsday scenario. 

Over to Rooney now, this squad should pull clear of relegation, the challenge will be the summer, trying to build a squad to compete within financial constraints which all non parachute payment clubs will have to deal with.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

You weren't the only one. 

This forum has been in meltdown then a week later is in rapture. 

This can happen in the week between a victory, a defeat and then another victory. 

The bipolar nature of the group never ceases to amaze me. 

It's the Derby way! 

?

No it isn't.

Archived