Incommmming!

Day

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

You weren't the only one. 

This forum has been in meltdown then a week later is in rapture. 

This can happen in the week between a victory, a defeat and then another victory. 

The bipolar nature of the group never ceases to amaze me. 

It's the Derby way! 

?

You make a good point, totally agree.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, roboto said:

Rooney will know how to motivate them and hopefully they all come good and get us up the table. The loans mean we will need to do a lot of work in the summer, but it also means we aren’t tied down to contracts with players that might not perform or fit into the squad as planned.

I think there’s a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season so expect a lot of free transfers around the country in the summer window. If Rooney can operate within the budget constraints and get in quality players then I have high hopes for next season. But let’s get this one finished first!

This. Try before you buy! 

(Okay, I know we won't buy them all, but we may buy a couple if and only if they fit.)

20 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Any thoughts on any of these guys being loan with a view to permanent?

Probably not Mengi but all of the others are of an age where they might be looking for a move for first team football

I would think we'd have a reasonable chance of signing Edmunson and Baningime permanently come the end of the season. Rangers seem to be covered at CB, and I'm not sure he has a a future there going by their fans' comments, and the Everton lad doesn't seem like he's near enough the first team considering his age, so could be ready for a move away.

I reckon Roberts would depend more on a takeover and whether we have the cash, as I think City would want to recoup a decent chunk of the £12m they spent, and his wages demands would be higher.

I'd be surprised if Gregory's anything more than a short term fix to get us through the rest of the season, I reckon Rooney would have other targets come the summer, but you never know. We'll just have to see how they do... hopefully really bloody well!

Just now, JohnHarkes said:

I would think we'd have a reasonable chance of signing Edmunson and Baningime permanently come the end of the season. Rangers seem to be covered at CB, and I'm not sure he has a a future there going by their fans' comments, and the Everton doesn't seem like he's near enough the first team considering his age, so could be ready for a move away.

I reckon Roberts would depend more on a takeover and whether we have the cash, as I think City would want to recoup a decent chunk of the £12m they spent, and his wages demands would be higher.

I'd be surprised if Gregory's anything more than a short term fix to get us through the rest of the season, I reckon Rooney would have other targets come the summer, but you never know. We'll just have to see how they do... hopefully really bloody well!

I agree , the 1st too definitely the most realistic,  maybe City will cut their losses on Roberts but I can't see it , hopefully he has a better striker lined up for the end of the season

1 minute ago, JohnHarkes said:

I would think we'd have a reasonable chance of signing Edmunson and Baningime permanently come the end of the season. Rangers seem to be covered at CB, and I'm not sure he has a a future there going by their fans' comments, and the Everton doesn't seem like he's near enough the first team considering his age, so could be ready for a move away.

Roberts out of contract in the summer - probably right on wages though.

So this is the state of the squad at the moment (not counting for long term injuries). We seem to be in a solid place, only issue is if Bird gets injured them Knight / Sibley / Watson / Brown would have to drop in.

We've massively improved our strength in depth and have experienced like-for-like players competing for every spot. It looks like Rooney trusts McDonald to do well enough to cover Byrne, or it could be he'll move Wisdom over and bring another CB to cover him.

It's looking very promising.

lineup (2).png

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Roberts out of contract in the summer - probably right on wages though.

Oh, I though somebody mentioned yesterday he had 18 months left. Could help with the wages if there's no fee then - hopefully we use him more effectively/more than Boro.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Two good transfer windows in a row and our team is at last looking like having some sort of balance. Surely the amount of loans is a bit of a worry and the situation with centrebacks and strikers, but I'm not too worried. Due the tightened financial situation, there should be abundance of free transfer available next summer.

Team for the rest of the season (4-3-3):

GK: Marshall, Roos, Idem

RB: Byrne, Wisdom, McDonald

RCB: Edmundson, Wisdom

LCB: Clarke, Mengi

LB: Buchanan, Forsyth

DM: Bird, Baningime, Watson

RCM: Knight, Bird, Sibley

LCM: Shinnie, Bird, Sibley

RW: Roberts, Jozwiak, Knight, Waghorn, Sibley, JML, Ibe

LW: Jozwiak, Roberts, Knight, Sibley, Lawrence, Ibe

CF: CKR, Gregory, Stretton, Waghorn

Not perfect, but way, way better than yesterday morning. Will be interesting to see who will get the nod as a CB if we decide to replace Bielik with tactical switch.

Foster ahead of Idem.

Watson in one of the more advanced CM spots rather than DM.

Bielik to make his return for the Play-off Final and score the winner.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Foster ahead of Idem.

Watson in one of the more advanced CM spots rather than DM.

Bielik to make his return for the Play-off Final and score the winner.

Interesting we just had Moulden on trial too for a goalkeeper.

36 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Any thoughts on any of these guys being loan with a view to permanent?

Probably not Mengi but all of the others are of an age where they might be looking for a move for first team football

Roberts is an interesting one. At Man City at 23, had a few loans, very unlikely he'll be in their first team any time soon. He'll be looking for a permanent move soon you would think.

Archived