Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, they are loans but any new arrivals ought to boost a squad, giving options, like Lee Gregory taking some of the burden off CKR. We probably now have a better bench with options.

It's also about what our rivals have been up to as well. With Birmingham spending money,  it's turned out better than I expected after the players weren't paid for December.

Headline from Sheffield Star:

"Absolute shambles": Sheffield Wednesday fans react angrily to transfer-less deadline day | The Star

Wednesdayites have reacted with concern to what can be considered a blow to their survival hopes, especially given the activity of their rivals.

Very impressed with todays signings, was hopeful Niasse would come in on a permanent deal which could still be possible but other than that it has been an excellent day and transfer window as whole. Fair few fringe players out, abit of money in and decent replacements through the door.

11 and bench will look strong come Saturday when they're eligible to play.

If Waggy comes in for Bielik initially we could have a bench of - 

Roos Forsyth McDonald Mengi Edmundson Baningime Sibley Brown Watson Roberts Lawrence JML Gregory - plus Ibe when he is back.

One's in bold most likely until Edmundson is fully fit, then will be between him and Mengi I imagine

Pretty extraordinary.

I like the fact that they are all young players (bar one)

i can’t see them being first choice with the possible exception of roberts.

I  do wonder how they will react to being sat on the bench.

I’m not a huge fan of loans but I do feel a bit giddy

a blow for the likes of bateman, brown, and Mitchell-lawson, 

Still......it’s much more interesting than the usual.

Archived