Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

It would be nice to sign players permanently but I guess that isn't possible for us at the moment.

Can remember Mel saying loans are not the way forward, getting a couple in is OK but buying quality and developing your youngsters is the best way to develop a squad , how things have changed. 

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Can remember Mel saying loans are not the way forward, getting a couple in is OK but buying quality and developing your youngsters is the best way to develop a squad , how things have changed. 

Some of these loans may become permanent in the summer , when the players have proved their worth and the covid landscape will have changed. 

Oh how we wish Butterfield, Blackman , Anya etc would have been loans to begin with ... we wouldn't have fired 10million down the drain.    

11 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

What percentage of transfers completed today have been permanent?

12 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

All about survival this season, I suppose.

It is but Mel changes his tune to fit, he has left us in a bad way, with poor decision after poor decision. 

But at least Rooney and the players are giving it there all, for me Rooney is doing a very tough job very well at the mo long may it continue

10 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Some of these loans may become permanent in the summer , when the players have proved their worth and the covid landscape will have changed. 

Oh how we wish Butterfield, Blackman , Anya etc would have been loans to begin with ... we wouldn't have fired 10million down the drain.    

And that was down to Mel as well, or our great scouting team lol 

32 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

But if we sign a winger then Knight can move back into midfield and Shinnie can move back into CDM. It's not as good as when Bielik was there but it's still good. I don't think anyone we signed could have replaced Bielik. Shinnie is up there with Bielik in tackling ability but the biggest miss will be Bielik's aerial presence.

Agree we’re probably alright in terms of starters in CDM - though I’d go with Bird there rather than Shinnie. But it’s the depth that worries me. We’ve got Knight and Sibley for the most advanced role, which is ok. But for the other two slots, we’ve only got Shinnie and Bird. That’s dangerously short in my view.

We haven't got any money & I think Rooney & the coaching staff are doing well under the circumstances.  I'm sure he had a first preferred choice of players who might have cost fees, but obviously the protracted farce, I mean takeover, silly me, means he has been forced to use the second list he had in reserve. 

At the risk of being of accused of blowing smoke up our manager's bottom, I think he & the rest of the coaching team are the main ones holding things together. We've sold two players for over £1m & look like bringing in at least two promising youngsters to supplement the team/squad rather than be the spine of the team. We've already lost one key player at the back (Curtis D) and now Bielik, so Mengi has come in as back up and hopefully Baningime also arrives to offer the same. I doubt we had to pay Stoke a  loan fee for Gregory as O'Neill knows they have to trim the squad.

I'm a born pessimist, but this is as good a window we could have hoped for under the present situation if Rooney & the club can prevent the likes of Knight from getting sold to Burnley & the humiliation of selling Sibley to Leeds. We have also sent a message that our best young players won't go on the cheap despite the financial turmoil.

OK, you might argue about Whittaker, but Rooney subbed him as a sub. It may be Steve Cooper brings the best out of him, but we need more experience up front now and it's a sacrifice I accept.

It's been a 7/10 . It could have been worse, it could have been better.

56 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s not unusual 

54 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

What's new pussycat?

51 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Ince didn’t come back as there was no Green Green Grass....on the pitch at home...

39 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Of course, when asked if he wanted to come back to Derby, Tom Once said

"Mamma told me not to come"

22 minutes ago, MickD said:

Not the green, green, grass of home then?

I was gonna help myself to a pun, but they've all been taken.

55 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Needs must when the Devil drives 

Archived