Kelle Roos

Topram

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic shotstopper...absolutely no doubt about that & a good number 2. He's been instrumental in our 6 points this week.

My issue is his lack of command of his 6 yard box. Few occasions today (and on Tues) where he was rooted to the spot reliant on someone winning the header. Keepers have to own that area even if they're not keen on coming off their line in general.

If he can fix that, he challenges for the number 1 spot. No question.

16 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Deserved praise, he’s always been a competent shot stopper, it’s purely balls into the box that are his undoing and so for me Marshall would come back in.

Which definitely makes him a solid No2 probably one of the best in the championship, at some point he really ought to look to become first choice, unless that’s his hope in the next few years as Marshall gets older.

Good game today though.

Haven’t seen Marshall come for anything since signing for us. Really don’t think there’s much between them. Think fans overate Marshall and underate Roos due to his Wembley mistake. 

Roos seems confident at the minute and has done well when called upon. Would think it’s his shirt to lose at the minute 

I think he’s recovered from Wembley now.

It’s worth remembering that before the play off final, he’d finally beat out Carson and put some really good performances together. Looked like he was going to become our number one after being at the club for years. One mistake changed that.

The stick he got after Wembley was horrible. Jeering your own keeper when he collects a cross and jumping on him when he makes a mistake isn’t going to improve him. It’s no surprise that he lost his place and he didn’t deserve that treatment from an embarrassingly large section of our fans.

It’s taken him time but it’s a testament to his quality and perseverance that he’s got himself back to this position at the club. I have a feeling that Marshall will go straight back into the team because he’s been captain recently but Roos really deserves to start next Saturday. The saves he’s made this week have been spectacular.

Done great  last 2 games. Very good shotstopper and better with his feet than Marshall. We have just played 2 teams that play football on the deck and that suits his game. The problem is those teams that cross the ball or lump it in the box then he doesnt command his area like Marshall does. Unfortunately for him in the Championship it is a big part of a goalkeeper's game.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Fantastic shotstopper...absolutely no doubt about that & a good number 2. He's been instrumental in our 6 points this week.

My issue is his lack of command of his 6 yard box. Few occasions today (and on Tues) where he was rooted to the spot reliant on someone winning the header. Keepers have to own that area even if they're not keen on coming off their line in general.

If he can fix that, he challenges for the number 1 spot. No question.

That’s his problem as a shot stopper he’s fine but crosses and his command of his area he gives me nightmares but fair play today good saves and got away with a couple of flaps ??

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Just like Keogh a mistake at Wembley cost him a lot of trust from fans including myself but today he was brilliant again, just like he was on Tuesday night.

His shot stopping and his reactions are brilliant, he’s definitely a great back up keeper. Happy for him! Big part of a big big win today! 

Not forgetting his awfull performance at Fulham in the 3-0 loss.

I've been a critic of Roos since before his howler against Villa at Wembley, The critisism stems from his comanding of his area ie crosses from wide areas and the ability to punch and not catch.

Now for the plaudits, He looks more assured behind a miserly defence that stops the crosses, This IMO gives Roos more confidence, His save against Bournmouth and his 2 today especially the overhead kick save at the foot of the post was top drawer, I think he derserves to keep his place as 2 clean sheets and a few good saves shows WR i'm still here now dare to drop me.

One caveat...empty stadia with no fans to get on his back is a plus, Time will tell, So Kelle as they say...the balls in your court.

Well DoneFriends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

He's always been a good shot stopper. He just needs the confidence to command his area better and dominate the high balls, do that and we'd see Prem clubs asking about him.

Get him watching videos of Mart Poom. 

I think Kelle is slightly better looking.

No keeper could be confident in a Rams team ordered to do the ridiculous "pass short from the back and never ever go long" strategy we've been stuck with for a while, without the personnel to get close to playing that game. 

I'm glad we're no longer forcing our keepers into being a bag of nerves for 95 minutes. Always liked Kelle. He has the attributes to be an elite keeper. I blame lots of people for the most recent Wembley debacle, but mainly Lampard for the overall selection. 

4 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

I think his distribution has been pretty good too especially the long balls.

Yes he is prone to an error every now and then and maybe the odd absolute clanger lol  but I definitely think he is a worthy Championship goalie

Roos is prone to the odd error, and we should remember that Marshall has also made mistakes that have cost us points. Having two reasonably competent keepers isn't bad, considering our position in the league, and the state of the clubs finances. 

19 minutes ago, europia said:

Roos is prone to the odd error, and we should remember that Marshall has also made mistakes that have cost us points

The difference being that Roos' errors tend to get pointed out endlessly whereas Marshall's don't.

6 hours ago, Topram said:

Just like Keogh a mistake at Wembley cost him a lot of trust from fans including myself but today he was brilliant again, just like he was on Tuesday night.

His shot stopping and his reactions are brilliant, he’s definitely a great back up keeper. Happy for him! Big part of a big big win today! 

He is better than a back up keeper . Should stay in team 100%

3 hours ago, James Pond said:

Not forgetting his awfull performance at Fulham in the 3-0 loss.

I've been a critic of Roos since before his howler against Villa at Wembley, The critisism stems from his comanding of his area ie crosses from wide areas and the ability to punch and not catch.

Now for the plaudits, He looks more assured behind a miserly defence that stops the crosses, This IMO gives Roos more confidence, His save against Bournmouth and his 2 today especially the overhead kick save at the foot of the post was top drawer, I think he derserves to keep his place as 2 clean sheets and a few good saves shows WR i'm still here now dare to drop me.

One caveat...empty stadia with no fans to get on his back is a plus, Time will tell, So Kelle as they say...the balls in your court.

Well DoneFriends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

When you think about it it is awful that he can’t play in front of his own supporters though.  Never understands why some think it is great to undermine players in the team they support

Archived