Mel Morris - The Good, The Bad and The Boycie

Mostyn6

Mel will be judged on where he took us to, 4th bottom at the mo, would not pay the players on time, did not communicate with the fans, Pearson came on radio Derby telling porkies all the time, when Mel took us over we had reached the play offs against QPR, we had some top talent, Mel then spent 6 years sacking managers falling out with them, trying to take everyone to court, and up setting managers by going into the changing room, so for me Mel has not done a good job, let's just hope we still have a club next season with the way he has handled everything in recent times. 

If I was a multi millionaire I owned the club I had supported all my life there is no way I would duck it up like this. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

If I was a multi millionaire I owned the club I had supported all my life there is no way I would duck it up like this. 

Which is why I'd buy Forest.

Oh the fun I'd have.....I'd do do much forest fans would hate me for....

Statue of fawaz outside the ground, miserly budget, hire Tony Pulis, attempt to rename them sheriffs of Nottingham FC, attempt to rename them West bridgford, arrange a ground share with notts county (at meadow lane), rename the Trent end the Billy Davies Bell (end), increase the cleaning budget, sign terrible players (on purpose), attempt to change the name to the woodchoppers, offer free deodorant and sanitizer, have Kenny burns crained in at the start of each match to sing mull of kyntire...

Although I'd probably duck it up and end up with them promoted.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Blame?? Someone is complaining about the merging of threads...we need more merging not less. 

Lots of different but similar threads. Basically there is only one show in town, ie what is happening with the takeover, and if its nothing... what money is there to buy players.

Whether its : who can we afford to buy, who's wages have been paid, will there be a fire sale, is Sibley going, Mel please don't go etc. All roads still lead back to the same factor, is the takeover done (in whatever sense you prefer) and what does that mean for how much money is there left. 

Told you @Boycie. There's 5 for you straight off!

31 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Mel will be judged on where he took us to, 4th bottom at the mo, would not pay the players on time, did not communicate with the fans, Pearson came on radio Derby telling porkies all the time, when Mel took us over we had reached the play offs against QPR, we had some top talent, Mel then spent 6 years sacking managers falling out with them, trying to take everyone to court, and up setting managers by going into the changing room, so for me Mel has not done a good job, let's just hope we still have a club next season with the way he has handled everything in recent times. 

How do you know you wouldn't screw up?

42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Which is why I'd buy Forest.

Oh the fun I'd have.....I'd do do much forest fans would hate me for....

Statue of fawaz outside the ground, miserly budget, hire Tony Pulis, attempt to rename them sheriffs of Nottingham FC, attempt to rename them West bridgford, arrange a ground share with notts county (at meadow lane), rename the Trent end the Billy Davies Bell (end), increase the cleaning budget, sign terrible players (on purpose), attempt to change the name to the woodchoppers, offer free deodorant and sanitizer, have Kenny burns crained in at the start of each match to sing mull of kyntire...

Although I'd probably duck it up and end up with them promoted.

New badge as well ?

image.png.e4251a09a476f390a1b63987d458a23e.png

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

What would you have done?

1 hour ago, sage said:

What would you have done?

Let the managers who I choose mange, and not get involved all the time. 

Great managers like Brian Clough, and Alex Ferguson would never in a million years put up with a owner like Mel, Mel loves the lime light to much, always talking poo, lije the Derby way for ducks sake, or talking about how we will have 6 acamady players in the match day squad, he is a owner who has never even played the game, so if I was the owner with Mels money, I would employer a manager, support the manager, not get involved in teams affair, and if we are in the top 6 not sack them or put pressure on them. 

But that's my opinion, as I would only have the team I have supported for 45 years in my heart, and would never put them in the same position as Mel has done. 

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Let the managers who I choose mange, and not get involved all the time. 

Great managers like Brian Clough, and Alex Ferguson would never in a million years put up with a owner like Mel, Mel loves the lime light to much, always talking poo, lije the Derby way for ducks sake, or talking about how we will have 6 acamady players in the match day squad, he is a owner who has never even played the game, so if I was the owner with Mels money, I would employer a manager, support the manager, not get involved in teams affair, and if we are in the top 6 not sack them or put pressure on them. 

But that's my opinion, as I would only have the team I have supported for 45 years in my heart, and would never put them in the same position as Mel has done. 

When didn't Mel support a manager? Other than once tell the team he was pished off, how did he meddle in team affairs?

He spent £100m of his own money backing managers signings.

Would you have put more or less money in than Mel?

6 minutes ago, sage said:

When didn't Mel support a manager? Other than once tell the team he was pished off, how did he meddle in team affairs?

He spent £100m of his own money backing managers signings.

Would you have put more or less money in than Mel?

Let's judge Mel on when he took the job on, top 6, beaten in the play offs, played great stuff. Mel now not putting FA into the club, club bottom 4, judge him on his time at Derby, he employed all them managers, and fell out with everyone around him, also very silent at this present time. 

24 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Mel now not putting FA into the club

Why would he put money in if he expects the takeover to go through

24 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

also very silent at this present time.

There's no secret Mel is apparently ill. Radio Derby have mentioned it. Also he's the owner, Stephen Pearce in the CEO role has handled most club communication.

53 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Let's judge Mel on when he took the job on, top 6, beaten in the play offs, played great stuff. Mel now not putting FA into the club, club bottom 4, judge him on his time at Derby, he employed all them managers, and fell out with everyone around him, also very silent at this present time. 

Would you have put more or less money in?

You said you'd have done better. 

10 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Well Rodney,  your not a millionaire! 
I for one am very grateful for Mel’s support & stewardship.

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

So you just judge him on the day he took over against the day he leaves?

Dont you think youre missing quite a lot of stuff out if you do that?

Do you not think he has done anything good for the club?

How about comparing the academy from the day he tookover to the day he leaves?

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

So, what would you have done to ensure they were never put 'in the same position as Mel has done'?

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I also have a lovely scarf in my wardrobe which has been particularly useful over the past few days I have to say

49 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The academy is an interesting debating point. Fortunately due to my son, we are lucky enough to benefit from the facilities and set up in place, I have to say it's fantastic, a credit to the club.

However, do the benefits we see from the day we took, outweigh the costs involved. I'm not talking about the money to set up really, because I'm presuming that's Mel investment and we don't owe him anything on the back of that. 

The fantastic set up no doubts attracts players that probably wouldn't have considered us previously, cat 1 gives us certain benefits, most clubs would be envious of the set up, we appear to have an abundance of youth players coming through. 

On the flip side, would players like Sibley, Knight etc...been at the club anyway ? I don't believe the radius or number of players for each age group increases with a cat 1. We have seen two players leave recently that we don't appear to have been able to do anything about. How much does it cost to run ?

Not a debate on where the academy is now to where it was really, the set up speaks for itself, more around how much more beneficial is it compared to lesser facilities that wouldn't cost as much to run.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or... the number of times we were within 90-270 minutes of promotion to the Premier League, compared to the number of times we were in that position in the 6 years prior to Mel? @Derby blood

Archived