Mel Morris - The Good, The Bad and The Boycie

Mostyn6

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mel has always had the best interests of the club at heart and has invested heavily in it, especially the academy.

I think we ought to remember that fans have nearly always had issues with owners - even local ones. Longson, Pickering, Morris, and even Gadsby to some extent. Most end on a sour note. But then, the alternatives have been Maxwell, the 3 Amigos, GSE who were all generally disliked or hated by the end of their tenures too.

Is it not the case that all owners make mistakes, probably because of the uncertain nature of football. For me, what is more important is not the 'now' but what will happen as a result of that 'now'. A rich foreign owner might seem attractive initially but how trustworthy will they be, how much due diligence would they do if they decided to sell on again? I look at the situation with the current proposed takeover (if it is indeed still actually on the table) and I absolutely do not want them anywhere near this club.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

@David why has this been merged to appear like the title is mine? At least change it to Dear Mel, please. 

(note: I don’t know who merged it, but the two topics were opposite ends of the spectrum)

Agree...or at least MR Morris. He's spoffed £100m plus on the club, he deserves a shred of respect, surely.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

@David why has this been merged to appear like the title is mine? At least change it to Dear Mel, please. 

(note: I don’t know who merged it, but the two topics were opposite ends of the spectrum)

I've updated the title. Made a bit more generic, for both sides of the argument. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Blame @Boycie

Blame?? Someone is complaining about the merging of threads...we need more merging not less. 

Lots of different but similar threads. Basically there is only one show in town, ie what is happening with the takeover, and if its nothing... what money is there to buy players.

Whether its : who can we afford to buy, who's wages have been paid, will there be a fire sale, is Sibley going, Mel please don't go etc. All roads still lead back to the same factor, is the takeover done (in whatever sense you prefer) and what does that mean for how much money is there left. 

29 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Blame?? Someone is complaining about the merging of threads...we need more merging not less. 

Lots of different but similar threads. Basically there is only one show in town, ie what is happening with the takeover, and if its nothing... what money is there to buy players.

Whether its : who can we afford to buy, who's wages have been paid, will there be a fire sale, is Sibley going, Mel please don't go etc. All roads still lead back to the same factor, is the takeover done (in whatever sense you prefer) and what does that mean for how much money is there left. 

Yeah, we should have one thread. Call it DCFC or something. Do away with everything else in this section. 

58 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.  Welcome to my world, I hate working with pencil pushers me, it’s all “ I’m not doing it” then when you do it yourself it’s “ oh, I wouldn’t of done it like that”

Theres only me and @uttoxram75 who know what real graft is, and he changed collars from blue to white years ago.

25 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.  Welcome to my world, I hate working with pencil pushers me, it’s all “ I’m not doing it” then when you do it yourself it’s “ oh, I wouldn’t of done it like that”

Theres only me and @uttoxram75 who know what real graft is, and he changed collars from blue to white years ago.

Did you have to get out of the hot tub to do summat?

Archived