State of the pitch

FindernRam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, wombatram said:

Noticed Watford’s pitch was beautiful, it didn’t even have worn patches where the keepers stand... shame. PP used to be like this... 

Probably got a job lot with Elton on synthetic coverings.

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I’m on rams tv. The pitch looks better to me or am I imagining it? 

Playing 1 game on there in nearly 4 weeks has probably helped a lot. Also I’d imagine the weather being a little better will see it get better now. 

I was donating blood at pride park the other day, and saw they had these big light contraptions shining on the pitch. Dunno if that’s a new thing that’s making a difference. Maybe a sign that someone, somewhere is spending money on the club again.

maybe the pitch has just been suffering from SAD.

47 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I was donating blood at pride park the other day, and saw they had these big light contraptions shining on the pitch. Dunno if that’s a new thing that’s making a difference. Maybe a sign that someone, somewhere is spending money on the club again.

maybe the pitch has just been suffering from SAD.

Nothing to do with money on the pitch those lights have always been used.the state of the pitch had nothing to do with money at all.was all down to the fact there was no time inbetween seasons to get it back to full health.

• 1 month later...

I’ve heard that the root cause of the problems was a few non reversible mistakes around late summer. The original investment in the pitch to make it wear better (hybrid) is now completely redundant (due to the mistake) and now the pitch is only as good as any normal purely grass laid. So the bad condition was mainly down to use and poor weather. The pitch will need a complete resurface and more investment to re-install the new technology. 

4 hours ago, wombatram said:

I’ve heard that the root cause of the problems was a few non reversible mistakes around late summer. The original investment in the pitch to make it wear better (hybrid) is now completely redundant (due to the mistake) and now the pitch is only as good as any normal purely grass laid. So the bad condition was mainly down to use and poor weather. The pitch will need a complete resurface and more investment to re-install the new technology. 

Nope, it's because of the incredibly short time between seasons for the proper maintenance. 

5 hours ago, wombatram said:

Any idea what the mistakes were ??

Too much weed and feed ???

Archived