PPG Table

DCFC1388

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t think PPG is the best way to decide this.

Too much can change when you have 20+ games left.

For me, I would do promotion and relegation play-offs.

A season should always be decided on the pitch, in my eyes.

Lets toss a coin on the pitch.

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is how I'd work it out and seems the only fair way. @DCFC1388says it was done differently last season. If not doing it fairly resulted in a different outcome, I'm astonished there wasn't a legal challenge.

From memory, I think all clubs had the opportunity to throw their opinions in the hat.  EFL then put their intentions to a vote.  The required majority said, "Hey, that suits us".  Motion carried!   

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Hopefully the season reaches a conclusion without being cancelled, so that table becomes an irrelevance. It does however highlight just how terrible we’ve been this season - 0.86 PPG is absolutely pitiful. You thoroughly deserve to get relegated with that sort of tally.

It shows us just outside the bottom three (Assuming Wendies are assessed as per Bolton last season).

The actual league table shows us in the bottom three.  I'd say the actual table shows us just how terrible we've been this season.  Therefore, this PPG table highlights nothing that wasn't already known!   

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought I would provide the latest table based on PPG. 

Due to the confusion before I have kept Sheff Weds with the PPG based off the league table as it is which is how it has been done by the EFL previously.

Very tight in terms of goal difference for both 2nd and the last relegation spot

image.png.355d7b6b78c17e995f6bc45ec3173612.png

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Due to the confusion before I have kept Sheff Weds with the PPG based off the league table as it is which is how it has been done by the EFL previously.

Very tight in terms of goal difference for both 2nd and the last relegation spot

Very tight, but with the good form ourselves and Rotherham have shown recently, it has meant Sheffield Weds and Wycombe are beginning to become stranded and there are now a lot more teams fighting to avoid that third spot. Would feel a lot happier with a couple more wins over the next few matches.

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

That's going off PPG of all matches which is not really accurate anymore considering we've had a change in manager, playing style and now have a consistent XI. Our PPG on recent form has drastically improved. We have gathered the points of a top 6 side since Rooney took charge.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That's going off PPG of all matches which is not really accurate anymore considering we've had a change in manager, playing style and now have a consistent XI. Our PPG on recent form has drastically improved. We have gathered the points of a top 6 side since Rooney took charge.

Did you read the first post on this thread?

On 13/01/2021 at 09:28, DCFC1388 said:

Thought I would be sad and do a PPG table just in case the season got cancelled due to Covid.

21 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The EFL would base it off the league table as it is which is what that table shows

On 13/01/2021 at 13:11, Jourdan said:

I don’t think PPG is the best way to decide this.

Too much can change when you have 20+ games left.

For me, I would do promotion and relegation play-offs.

A season should always be decided on the pitch, in my eyes.

It's a no from me on the relegation play off, but you're right it should be decided on the pitch - but if it can't bi think it should just be void.

I hate ttr idea of relegated play offs.

On 13/01/2021 at 09:28, DCFC1388 said:

Thought I would be sad and do a PPG table just in case the season got cancelled due to Covid.

Last season Bolton got relegated and the PPG was based off the point deduction before not after the -12 deduction so I would think that is how they would do it this season with Sheff Weds. However, I have also included it in case they decide to change their mind and they deduct the 6pts after PPG.

Will try and update after every few games - 

PPG.JPG

Looking better after 25 games thank goodness.

Archived