PPG Table

DCFC1388

Thought I would be sad and do a PPG table just in case the season got cancelled due to Covid.

Last season Bolton got relegated and the PPG was based off the point deduction before not after the -12 deduction so I would think that is how they would do it this season with Sheff Weds. However, I have also included it in case they decide to change their mind and they deduct the 6pts after PPG.

Will try and update after every few games - 

PPG.JPG

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thanks - my own take is the Wednesday deduction should be after PPG because otherwise they're being penalised much more than 6 points. We need to move above the Gumps as soon as possible. Then they can end the season.

The points deduction was counted before PPG for Bolton last season

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

I think putting Wendies on there twice to get us out of the bottom 3 is a bit confusing.

They're on there twice so you can see where we would be depending on either PPG scenario. If its -6 after PPG we go into the bottom 3

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

They're on there twice so you can see where we would be depending on either PPG scenario. If its -6 after PPG we go into the bottom 3

They wouldn't be hit with -6 twice, so the deduction should come after the PPG. There aren't 2 scenarios here and the EFL are unlikely to legally be able to finish the league and relegate teams with so few games played.

18 minutes ago, roboto said:

They wouldn't be hit with -6 twice, so the deduction should come after the PPG. There aren't 2 scenarios here and the EFL are unlikely to legally be able to finish the league and relegate teams with so few games played.

Bolton were deducted 12 points last season. They had 14pts when PPG came into play, the PPG was worked out on 14pts, not 26pts and then the 12 deducted after. I would think they will have to do this again should the season end as if they change it I would imagine Bolton will not be happy. But on my table I have worked it out just in case the EFL do change their mind.

If you look at the Sheff W where the 6pts are deducted after PPG on the table, it shows them as having 25 points now rather the 19 they actually have so the 6 points would be deducted after PPG giving them 44points

42 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I could be completely wrong but somebody mentioned to me that unless 75% of the games of the season are concluded that the season is null and void. I’ve looked on online but can find much clarification on way or the other

I think that was more speculation (including from myself) as to what we thought might be reasonable rather than an actual agreed ruling. 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think that was more speculation (including from myself) as to what we thought might be reasonable rather than an actual agreed ruling. 

There's a figure for the Premier League of 66% or 75%.

They haven't got round to voting which one yet, which seems bizarre in the circumstances.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Thought I would be sad and do a PPG table just in case the season got cancelled due to Covid.

Last season Bolton got relegated and the PPG was based off the point deduction before not after the -12 deduction so I would think that is how they would do it this season with Sheff Weds. However, I have also included it in case they decide to change their mind and they deduct the 6pts after PPG.

Will try and update after every few games - 

PPG.JPG

40pts would be the joint lowest to avoid the drop (11/12 + 16/16)

The average is around 47pts

Peterborough were relegated in 12/13 with 54pts 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thanks - my own take is the Wednesday deduction should be after PPG because otherwise they're being penalised much more than 6 points. We need to move above the Gumps as soon as possible. Then they can end the season.

Surely it would be 6 points divided by 46 games (full season) = a 0.13 deduction from the gross PPG ?

So Weds net PPG currently works out as 0.96.

27 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Surely it would be 6 points divided by 46 games (full season) = a 0.13 deduction from the gross PPG ?

I've come up with a different (read, 'better') way of doing it:

Games played (23) / Points Earned (25) = PPG (1.09) - Points Deduction (6) = - 4.91 and heyho, the Wendies are relegated as everyone else has a positive PPG figure. 

37 minutes ago, Carnero said:

This is how I'd work it out and seems the only fair way. @DCFC1388says it was done differently last season. If not doing it fairly resulted in a different outcome, I'm astonished there wasn't a legal challenge.

Archived