v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Coconut said:

But with CKR & Bielik providing the most important thing that any good football team ever possesses - balance.

Remove those two from this team and we'd be ducking poo again.

I take ur point on those two and balance but there’s no way cocu would have got us this into the opposition... offensively or defensively 

the lasting memory I will take from his regime ... passive and negative it think it’s fair comment 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

What they said ... and what transpired on the pitch were clearly two very different things 

if they were hell bent on high pressure football why did he try to exclude shinnie as often as possible ?

think our Dutch friends were talking baalocks quite frankly 

I don't have the answer you seek tbh, he probably should have played Shinnie alongside Rooney or Bird instead of them as a pair.

You can't be sure whether a Shinnie partnership with either of them would actually have worked though, being alongside Bielik has allowed him to play/press higher up the pitch than he could have done in either pairing.

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Heavy legs by us now. Hope we’ve not shot our bolt. ...

Yeah think we might want to change things around in midfield early second half, started looking leggy last 10 minutes. I also feel like we'd benefit from Buchanan's pace at left back. Think we need to be proactive with subs.

But on the flip side if we can match what we were doing for the first 35 minutes ish there will be more chances and we could be easily be 2 up by being a touch more clinical.

Battered them but 0-0. They will try and shat house us 2nd half. How we didn’t score 1st half is bizarre. Let’s go again 2nd half. Ref being conned a tad by them going to ground. Big half for Derby coming. Sibley & Knight both carrying knocks. This is a test of Wazzza’s know-how now. ...

Think I'm gonna cry if we lose this. Firstly we've absolutely pummelled them but have nothing to show for it. Secondly, this is my third match thread gig since I joined the forum and I've yet to take us more than one game. Beginning to think I'm a bok ?

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I don't have the answer you seek tbh, he probably should have played Shinnie alongside Rooney or Bird instead of them as a pair.

You can't be sure whether a Shinnie partnership with either of them would actually have worked though, being alongside Bielik has allowed him to play/press higher up the pitch than he could have done in either pairing.

U don’t have the answer ??? Why not ? ???

Archived