The DCFC Fans Confessional Box

Day

When the January 2015 transfer window closed, we'd signed Bent, Ince, Lingard, Albentosa and Warnock giving us strength and depth in every position. We were top of the table (or maybe 2nd). Not only was I sure we were going to get promoted, but I was pretty sure we'd win the league with several games to spare.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was convinced that Lampard would see the situation at Chelsea as a lose-lose opportunity that came too soon and would stay here a couple more seasons instead of failing at Chelsea! 

I also thought Nigel Clough would be the modern version of his dad! Sadly he appeared unable/unwilling to have certain characters at the club, whereas his dad would man-manage them. 

I was convinced Mason Bennett would be a 20gl a season centre forward. 

On 19/12/2020 at 13:08, Mostyn6 said:

he will be...with matlock town  ?

On 18/12/2020 at 14:34, Van Rammeister said:

1) Jim Smith - why would we want him? How wrong I was!!

2) Derek Hales - As a child I was beyond excited that we had signed the bearded Charlton goal machine.

3) Nigel Pearson - I was very optimistic that his ‘tough’ management would sort us out.

You might be the confessional winner with number 2 there Van. Dear oh dear.

Mine would be John Gregory as manager. Thought he would be awesome. 

On 19/12/2020 at 13:08, Mostyn6 said:

I was convinced that Lampard would see the situation at Chelsea as a lose-lose opportunity that came too soon and would stay here a couple more seasons instead of failing at Chelsea! 

I also thought Nigel Clough would be the modern version of his dad! Sadly he appeared unable/unwilling to have certain characters at the club, whereas his dad would man-manage them. 

Brian bombed out David Currie after miscontrolling a ball with the outside of his foot.

After the game he did it to give away a goal, Brian asked him if he'd bought a house in Nottm. 'No Boss' was the reply. 'Don't bother' said Brian and he never played again.

Just saying.

22 minutes ago, sage said:

Brian bombed out David Currie after miscontrolling a ball with the outside of his foot.

After the game he did it to give away a goal, Brian asked him if he'd bought a house in Nottm. 'No Boss' was the reply. 'Don't bother' said Brian and he never played again.

Just saying.

Ha! That’s why Nigel binned off Chris Maguire! Always used the outside of his foot in training. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Just saying.

I meant superstars of the game. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

Just saying.

You can hear Mark Crossley's take on it here

Archived