The DCFC Fans Confessional Box

David

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Ironic that you got this wrong too ?? jewell signed him. 

Spelling I think I can be forgiven. 

It was only 6 months after he came in when Clough took over, and there was a preseason in that period. Felt like a new signing. Recall watching a preseason friendly and wondering why he was running around the centre circle like a headless chicken. 

i was certain that Nigel Pearson was just what the team needed.  Finally a real hardcore disciplinarian arriving who would kick our spoiled overpaid players into shape.  Didn't realize what delicate flowers they were, that they would go running pouting to mama Mel.  So yeah, i was wrong.

When hearing of Blackman joining i exclaimed, yay finally a winger who can beat his man and deliver a good cross

I fell for the Nigel Pearson man of grit and graft persona ... really wanted to believe in it. It just wasn’t happening and a Wednesday night 0-0 or was it 0-1 walk back along the river in the pouring freezing rain destroyed me .. so few goals, so little direction .. it wasn’t Cocu where you could see his ideas, it was grim. Then that ughhh feeling that I’d written loads of supportive posts on here and was really willing it to work ... and that I had been 100% wrong. 

I don’t do player attachment, well not for many a year, but the loss of Goddard then Saunders in quick succession felt like a kick in the balls. Didn’t (quite) have tears but didn’t I mope around the house like someone had passed away. Proper players, and could have been a fantastic long term strike force.

I tend to give all players and managers the chance to prove themselves one way or the other after making my mistakes many years ago.

When Tommy Doc came in, I thought he would do well.

I arranged to meet the new bird after the match v Spurs and being 1-0 down with 85 minutes on the clock I decided to beat the crowd, Went down the stairs at the back of the popside and the roar goes up just as I get to the bottom. Never left a game early since.

Had a bet on Derby getting promoted back to the 1st division and we got relegated to the 3rd instead, never had a bet on Derby since.

7 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Albentosa , just the centre half we need , Premier League here we come

Oooooo you just reminded me ?... I watched him control a high ball roll it down his body and spray a gem of a pass and thought yes yes yes ... didn’t know about that schol sole inserts and home sickness would mean it was all flattery and vain hope. 

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I don’t do player attachment, well not for many a year, but the loss of Goddard then Saunders in quick succession felt like a kick in the balls. Didn’t (quite) have tears but didn’t I mope around the house like someone had passed away. Proper players, and could have been a fantastic long term strike force.

Will we ever see a front two that good at Derby ever again ? Baiano and Wanchope maybe the closest we’ve had 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

How can we let Rooney near the managers chair at the club. He’s not got a clue, it’s going to go wrong. I’ll be amazed if we even get a point with him in charge, let alone play a decent game of football...

Ignoring the irony of a posting a comment on a thread where folk are confessing to things they got wrong, that is basically sneering at folk who got things wrong, that you've known all along that Rooney was the right man for the job and were not surprised by the gradual improvement or the jolt in improvement seen against the Swans.

I commend your insight if saw the improvement in form coming, but if you had doubts too, it seems a bit unfair to mock others who also had concerns. Were you really as certain as your post implies? Genuine question as I've posted in this thread that I had doubts, as clearly I could not foresee what you seem to have and I wonder how I could not see what was apparently obvious from the start to your good self and some others.

Archived