The DCFC Fans Confessional Box

Day

8 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ah, just seen this. Yeah, I did wonder and have already posted again just in case. In actual fact, I think I'm mistaken on two counts as not only may I have not grasped the sense of his post, but I'm pretty sure I've also mistaken him for an entirely different poster with a very similar moniker. 

As for the 'I think possibly you're over tired' comment', I'm touched by your concern for my wellbeing, likewise your assumption that there must be mitigating circumstances other than those already mentioned. 

I have a friend who's a landlord.

He never refuses a drink to a regular, just suggests they've been over-served and may want to make their way home, which seems to do the trick more often than not.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He carried us up to the top of the table in the autumn. He was comfortably our best player in that period IMO.

Admittedly, he became bang average, but I still feel he got far more stick than he deserved. 

His career does seem to have fallen off a cliff though.

He was probably the best midfielder we'd played against in the seasons before we signed him, hit the ground running for us too. 

As you say, gradually regressed in both performance and impact, but at the time I thought he was a cracking signing, even at £4m.

27 minutes ago, David said:

Doubt many will join me on this one, but I was pretty happy with the Ikechi Anya signing.

I'll join you in the Anya fan club.

Quick, direct, adorable and was performing well for club and country when we signed him. 

It's not just us two either, for my lads 18th birthday he was asked who's match worn shirt he would like, and he chose Anya.

Needless to say, it's completely pristine without a scrap of dirt on it.

22 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Wow, so many! Where do I start?

I Remember chanting “ we’ve got Fabrizio “ with real passion, thinking how lucky we had him on a 2 yr deal.  Thought Anya was gonna be a great signing. 

You've got  F--- ALL IO was the 2nd part as I recall.  Took about 4 months to sign him as well.  Had a few good games.  Those penalty misses against Liverpool and Chelsea seemed to be a disappointing swan song.  Then he took us to court for unpaid wages.

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

I have a friend who's a landlord.

He never refuses a drink to a regular, just suggests they've been over-served and may want to make their way home, which seems to do the trick more often than not.

Ah, so I misunderstood that too. Message received and understood this time though. 

I thought Shackell was a great re-signing and would provide the muscle to seal promotion back in 2015. I also thought Johnson was a great signing even at 6 million.  He was for 6 games then he turned into a budget swallowing 3 million one.   To be fair I did know Mel may as well have set fire to 7 million quid instead of buying Blackman and Butterfield. Ying and yang.

There's a few Im not proud of..

Thought the Cox side of 92/93 (Johnson, Pembridge, Kitson et al) would go up & dominate the division above.

Like a couple of others on here, thought Conor Sammon was a great signing. Quick, strong, hard working...didn't realise his first touch was so shaky.

Was totally opposed to McClaren replacing Clough in 2013. Partially because of the awful timing of Clough's sacking but also McClaren's track record. 

Thought Pearson was a very good appointment although knew it'd be bumpy at first. Still think he could have worked out here (eventually) had he been given time

Was adamant Cocu would be successful here. The slow realisation this season he wouldnt be stung a bit

P.s. not always wrong on managers...I also thought Smith, Burley & Davies would do well

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Its only just occurred to me that you might actually be mocking yourself not others. So if in fact you are not one of the shrewdies, rather one of the Wazza-doubters like me, please disregard my earlier comment and accept my humble and sincere apology. 

No worries! I obviously did it well

1) Nathan Tyson - genuinely thought he was an excellent signing and would be a real handful in a Derby shirt.

2) Leeds away in the play-offs - flew back in for the home leg and we got schooled, so I was sure we’d lose by a big margin in the second leg.

3) Chris Martin - watched him a lot during his initial loan spell and couldn’t fathom why we had signed him permanently.

4) Nigel Pearson - thought he was a super appointment and he was such a logical fit due to our aims.

5) Claude Davis and Rob Earnshaw - thought they were really clever signings at the time.

A few Classics over half a Century

At least we finished top even though Leeds and Liverpool will overtake us! (1972)

No chance against Benfica with Eusebio playing! (1973)

Oh well, back to one in '81! (1980)

All this despite accurately predicting the Leeds playoff semi-final! 15th May 2019!

There! I said it! I admit it! and I'm glad do you hear me? GLAD!

(Take him back to his padded cell nurse.)

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

1) Nathan Tyson - genuinely thought he was an excellent signing and would be a real handful in a Derby shirt.

2) Leeds away in the play-offs - flew back in for the home leg and we got schooled, so I was sure we’d lose by a big margin in the second leg.

3) Chris Martin - watched him a lot during his initial loan spell and couldn’t fathom why we had signed him permanently.

4) Nigel Pearson - thought he was a super appointment and he was such a logical fit due to our aims.

5) Claude Davis and Rob Earnshaw - thought they were really clever signings at the time.

Oh Earnshaw ! .. with you on that .. I thought ... At last, a pacy strong striker with an established goal scoring record at this level. .. Perfect .....Pants ! 

21 hours ago, Agadirram said:

Despair when I heard we had signed Franny Lee.

I also have to admit that when my mother told me that we had signed someone called "Gemmill or something like that" , I thought we had signed Tommy Gemmell.

I remember my brother reading out the stop press notes at the bottom of the page on the back of the telegraph.

”Derby County have signed Archibald Gemmill from Preston North End”

who????

Jozwiak.

i didn’t want another right footed winger.

I think don’t think he’s a great winger....I’m not sure what his position is....but he is like Gemmill.
He can hold the ball, which has helped us tremendously. 

Archived