New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mckram said:

Assuming Richard is expecting Rafa to be the manager then.

Fairly certain on Friday he said it’s Rafa and Rooney on the list. Now 100% not Rooney.

In Rafa's interview on Radio 5, he didn't categorically say no (memories of McClaren to Newcastle).

In fact, his answer was really curious....

"Rafa will you be the next manager of Derby County?"

"No, not really".

Even allowing for English not being his first language, that's an odd way of phrasing things.....Went on to say he respected the club, things change quickly in football etc. All the things you might expect from someone who cannot say anything...... yet.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Until we let the goal in we had a point away from home and were still attacking - not sat back.

It wasn't Holmes - that was another. It was after they scored both JHL and Clarke had decent shouts.

I really don't know how much you expect with no striker and no Joz after only 5 days (and less for others) with the new managers!

Pretty much the same as from cocu it seems,,, 

we were not hugely different in our set up, approach ,strange team selections, substitution s and end result 

make of that what you will depending on personal view but that’s how it is in my view

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

In Rafa's interview on Radio 5, he didn't categorically say no (memories of McClaren to Newcastle).

"No, not really".

Even allowing for English not being his first language, that's an odd way of phrasing things.

Perhaps he has FM21 on order, which is due out tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Rafa will you be the next manager of Derby County?"

"No, not really".

He meant yes.

He said ‘no’, then ‘not really’ (meaning not really no) in other words ‘yes’.

It’s like me with the missus. She’ll ask me a certain question in bed. I’ll say ‘no’.

Then 10 seconds later I’ll say not really!!!! 

She then has to go the bathroom sink.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

"No, not really".

Even allowing for English not being his first language, that's an odd way of phrasing things.....Went on to say he respected the club, things change quickly in football etc. All the things you might expect from someone who cannot say anything...... yet.

"DerbyshireLive understands that Benitez being appointed is unlikely" ?

He's on his way, eh ?

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

"No, not really".

Maybe he mistook the question for do you want to be the next manager of Derby.

The more I watch of Ralf, the more I think he should be our number 1 choice. Fast attacking, counter pressing, youth-led football.

The 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 wont work until we bring in a Martin-esque player in January and have creativity that has been lacking for a few seasons now. Ralf's philosophy is counter attacking, high pressing and high energy something that the academy players could provide in a 4-2-2-2 formation. 

Just feels like we are waiting for something to happen but whilst we do we are falling into a deeper hole.  We need the takeover to happen, we need the transfer window to open, we need a new manager and we need P&S leeway to buy a striker.  I am sure we cannot abandon the rest of year whilst waiting for this.  We have Boro, Wycombe and Coventry coming up next and we appear to be lacking a key requirement in winning games, scoring a goal or 2.  We are not quite at the must win stage but we are at the must not lose.

24 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Hi Richard 

is our number 1 choice a manager at the moment or free  of ties ...trying to rule out ragnick who I think would be amazing 

The Number one choice who they would like is currently employed.

if they could get him it would be a great appointment but you don’t always get your first choice that is life.

Rooney and co are in charge for at least 3 games regards to the takeover there are no problems so I wish everyone would stop being negative it will happen and latest end of November I have been told we should hear more this week.

Please note I am reporting only what i have been told and I don’t have to say anything.

We are all impatient but I think things will become clearer within the next couple of weeks and cannot be rushed.

The takeover is said to be "imminent". If it does happen, then we'll have an idea of how ambitious the new owner is by their appointment of manager.

We have already been told that the committee have been given three games (Bristol was the first). That's either as a trial or as a caretaker role waiting for the takeover and new appointment. Either way, we have no idea who the manager will be if the take over happens.

If the takeover does not happen, then clearly the appointment will be from within: Rooney, Rosenior, Wassall or a combination.

Uncertainty is torturous, especially given our perilous position but we - as fans - cannot do much about it.

The club, itself, cannot do anything regarding transfers until January either - so new investment or not, the solution to the goalscoring problem, before then, does have to come from what we have already.

Archived