New Manager

dantheram

Just now, dcfcgodd said:

Wonder how Rooney will take it if we gave Terry the job. I can see him as the type that would kick up a fuss if we gave it to another inexperienced manager.

I think the first thing Rooney would do is ring up his agent and ask him to get quote for a cell to be built under his house to lock Colleen away in.

Safety first.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm open minded to John Terry and wouldn't be against it at all. 

I think, by all accounts, he's done a very good job at Villa and is obviously held in high esteem. The transformation of Tyrone Mings' career is really something to marvel at and he gave JT the credit after he won an international call up. 

I'd be far more comfortable with Terry than Rooney, personally. I'd still look to see who else we could attract with the new ownership. 

10 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

Wonder how Rooney will take it if we gave Terry the job. I can see him as the type that would kick up a fuss if we gave it to another inexperienced manager.

It seems clear to me Rooney doesn't want to be manager just yet. He should be looking at the paths the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Parker have taken. All went into youth management/coaching first before taking a first team management position. Even Terry has spent a few years as assistant before being a serious candidate for a management role. Arteta was also Pep's assistant for a few years before going to Arsenal. Rooney shouldn't be arrogant enough to think he deserves to be manager more than Terry.

23 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

Difference is that Terry is actually qualified and has the relevant coaching badges , Rooney doesn't

56 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Do we have any hot gossip on who is interested in the Derby job. Probably about 30 managers would like it.

If I were watching the game against Bristol as a potentially interested manager with key moments such as Rooneys note and then also the post match from Liam, I'd be thinking twice. Most managers won't want those two as part of the job. They'd want a completely new dynamic. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I like the guy and the philosophy. Two issues. Our last manager had never been involved in English football before and failed to adapt to the ugly basics of it and this league. 

Could be seen as considerable step backwards for himself. 

However, he might be aligned with the project overall. We could be looking at a new type of appointment that is rewarded for the commercial success of the club too and not just your typical managers salary and bonuses. 

I see his philosophy very closely aligned to McClaren. Can't help but think he's the guy that takes over from McClaren, not the position we are in as a club currently. 

I agree about adapting to english football was a struggle for Cocu but we have seen a variety of foreign managers who have worked out in england, especially german ones who have used the pressing game well. I think it is more due to the slow, methodical, possession based total football doesn't work in the championship especially if you have lost key parts who aid in tactic as a whole 

I have got the impression from the reading I have done on Rangnick that he can adapt to English football and has helped struggling teams get their groove back in german football.

I think the biggest question is with ownership and what they want. I could see Ralf being convinced if we went to him with a project of turning Derby into a Europa league contenders with a hefty war chest and ownership who are onboard with his changes. His need to be in charge of the many aspects of a club with heavy investment off-the-field parts (Medical, VR-like training, scouting & academy) is why he has yet to be hired by one of the big sides who don't want to give that control up or they already have a plan in place.

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

If I were watching the game against Bristol as a potentially interested manager with key moments such as Rooneys note and then also the post match from Liam, I'd be thinking twice. Most managers won't want those two as part of the job. They'd want a completely new dynamic. 

I have no job. Good money. Three year contract. Maybe only last fourteen months. What is not to like. It is remarkable and unbelievable how long managers last in their jobs these days. We are ten matches in with a very bad start. Season largely a damage limitation exercise. Wilder has one point from nine games. He spent £100 million on players. Quarter of season gone. Saving grace is he is only 3 points adrift of safety. Option One is sack him but if they go down they would need him to get them back up again. May only need 20 points to stay up. WBA and Fulham have won one game from 28 between them. It is tough at the bottom of the top. Big chance if going bust if they get relegated and cannot get back up again. Three relegated teams in top six of our league. We need a very good manager to sort this out.

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Just seen on Twitter that sammy Lee has recently turned down a job because he’s going back into management with big Sam...

But, but, but.....Dicky has assured us that the new manager is already in a job!!! - surely that would rule out Big Sam?

I'm not sure how I'll cope if I find that Dickus has been feeding us bull......?

Archived