New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

I thought Steve Cooper's comments were interesting when asked about it earlier...

"I'm not one for, with respect, reading and looking at media. There's certainly no comment from me on it."

Leaving the door open it seems...

I thought that but could equally be a nod to his agent to get on the blower to start negations on a contract upgrade. All part of the game.

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I thought Steve Cooper's comments were interesting when asked about it earlier...

"I'm not one for, with respect, reading and looking at media. There's certainly no comment from me on it."

Leaving the door open it seems...

Very McClaren-esque answer.

John Percy posted this on his Twitter account today:

“Wayne Rooney is one of the Premier League’s most iconic figures so will always be interesting, but Liam Rosenior also very highly regarded at #dcfc. Had his Pro-license since the age of 32 and made a huge impact on the training ground this week.”

29 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

John Percy posted this on his Twitter account today:

“Wayne Rooney is one of the Premier League’s most iconic figures so will always be interesting, but Liam Rosenior also very highly regarded at #dcfc. Had his Pro-license since the age of 32 and made a huge impact on the training ground this week.”

Why hasn’t LR made a huge impact before this week ?

Suggestions that Rooney or LR could be considered if they guide the team to a couple of wins aren't helpful. Theres every chance that our under achieving squad might look at themselves in the mirror and decide to buck their ideas up for a couple of games. However it most likely wouldn't last. We need a new manager to come in from outside the club. One with experience and preferably previous success in the championship. 

I think Liam Rosenior has a real compelling case to be given a chance. One of the youngest ever to get the pro-licence.  Ended his playing career early because coaching is his real passion. That not only shows he is hungry and has the desire to be a coach, it also shows a strong personality as many would have no doubt told him play for as long as you can, nothing beats playing and you will hate it when it’s gone.

I think he’s an intelligent insightful guy and let’s face it they were the credentials on which Lampard was appointed. The next few games may prove he’s not ready in which case someone new will come in but I hope we keep him in the club.

One thing I have noticed in the snippets we've seen from the training ground this week is how relaxed things seem to have been. Curtis's double nutmeg, races with big inflatable balls and other games means in pretty much every picture everyone has had a smile on their face. I was staunchly Cocu in until the last 2 games where I think the downturn in performances warranted a change. However I do wonder whether his training was a bit tactical and maybe getting everyone enjoying their football again will help to unlock some more adventurous performances 

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

coaches STILL follow instructions ya know. They're no different to your average supervisor or line manager, they're still required to work within a set framework

So we’ve got 4 Supervisors/ Line managers on the touch line for the Bristol City game........excellent, maybe they can sort my broadband??

Archived