New Manager

dantheram

11 hours ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

He left Newcastle because Ashley wouldn’t sort his contract out

This is what Ashley says from his perspective so take it with a pinch of salt: he says he offered Rafa what he wanted but Rafa kept increasing his demands at the last minute. He put Newcastle in an impossible position while he went off to collect his payday.

Rafa's public complaints that fans saw in headlines were frustrations with lack of player investment, but immediately after he left Ashley spent 35 million on Joelinton and another 15 mill on Saint-Maximin. Ashley said that Rafa didn't approve the purchases that were ready to be signed for weeks and kept putting them off.

Rafa wanted out of Newcastle no matter what according to Ashley.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be Eddie Howe IMO. Who slated the club a few years ago for trying to buy promotion. Small world innit Eddie? I always liked him until then - smarter than the average manager, more 'normal' but obviously fell out with our big summer signing in Ibe so that'll be fun. Again, small world eh.

11 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Who is this James Pond ? Mel’s chauffeur maybe ?

campaign-bg-banner.jpg

Parker...take off my coat, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my boots, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my dress, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my Bra, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my panties, Yes my Lady.

And Parker...Yes my Lady, Don't let me catch you wearing my clothes again.

12 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

It'll be Eddie Howe IMO. Who slated the club a few years ago for trying to buy promotion. Small world innit Eddie? I always liked him until then - smarter than the average manager, more 'normal' but obviously fell out with our big summer signing in Ibe so that'll be fun. Again, small world eh.

I woke up more realistic, wont be Rafa, it's nice to dream but I still think it will be Wayne plus 1.

19 hours ago, James Pond said:

Murphys analysis and comments are as much value as a fart in a hurricane.

Do farts have any value outside of a stiff wind?

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, the real question is:

Who is the Colin Kazkm Richards of football managers. Because thats who we'll end up with.

A lump, aggressive, like a bit of aggro - has to be Blockhead Pearson, no?

*shudder

14 minutes ago, James Pond said:

campaign-bg-banner.jpg

Parker...take off my coat, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my boots, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my dress, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my Bra, Yes my Lady.

Parker...take off my panties, Yes my Lady.

And Parker...Yes my Lady, Don't let me catch you wearing my clothes again.

So old and stupid... but made me laugh

48 minutes ago, Shang said:

This is what Ashley says from his perspective so take it with a pinch of salt: he says he offered Rafa what he wanted but Rafa kept increasing his demands at the last minute. He put Newcastle in an impossible position while he went off to collect his payday.

Rafa's public complaints that fans saw in headlines were frustrations with lack of player investment, but immediately after he left Ashley spent 35 million on Joelinton and another 15 mill on Saint-Maximin. Ashley said that Rafa didn't approve the purchases that were ready to be signed for weeks and kept putting them off.

Rafa wanted out of Newcastle no matter what according to Ashley.

Ashley would obviously say something along those lines. Newcastle fans were even more pissed off with him for letting Rafa leave, he had to put the blame on Rafa, and he was never going to say that he didn't think Rafa deserved a new deal or that he wasn't going to spend money. 

And if there was any truth in it, Rafa was right to not want to spend £35m on Joelinton, judging from his 2 goals in 45 league games. 

19 minutes ago, rynny said:

Ashley would obviously say something along those lines. Newcastle fans were even more pissed off with him for letting Rafa leave, he had to put the blame on Rafa, and he was never going to say that he didn't think Rafa deserved a new deal or that he wasn't going to spend money. 

And if there was any truth in it, Rafa was right to not want to spend £35m on Joelinton, judging from his 2 goals in 45 league games. 

After scoring 7 goals for Hoffenheim the previous season... ouch! His league best was 8 (in the Austrian league)

I think the talk of Rafa is pretty unrealistic at this stage.

One of the many issues would, of course, be the finances. Now assuming that the takeover goes through and the new owner is intent on buying promotion, I wonder if there's a way round the FFP side?

Could the new manager be employed directly by the owner as something like a football consultant for (eg) £100k per week? Then hired out to the club for £10k per week, thus shifting 90% of the manager's wage from the club. I know 3rd party ownership of players is forbidden in the UK, bur I wonder if it extends to managers and coaches? 

5 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Those odds would suggest the bookies haven't got a clue who it will be and also there hasn't been many bets going in. 

Not one candidate at odds on!

We'll only be at the interviewing stage. It this point in time they'll be guessing just like us. Except they'll also be changing the odds based on how much money is being bet on each guy

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Derby County......ARE YOU READY TO BOUNCE! I can't hear you....I said are you ready to BOUNCE!

This next number is one we wrote about the standard of officiating in the EFL, it's called "Treat me like the dog I am"

I was thinking more Shout at the EFL.

Archived