dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Topram said:

Done with Derby if that happens

until you want a ticket for Wembley lol

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He said some quite offensive things to disabled people. It's quite different. 

Technically, he repeated a religious belief, something millions do daily. You're about to support a club owned by someone with far more disagreeable views, behind the guise of religion. All gays should be stoned to death. Women are less than dogs and don't deserve education or the right to drive. I could go on.

1 minute ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

If it is Gregory I shall have to change my name to 0.1% Fan 99.9% Biscuit.

Change the lyrics/title from "Fred Titmus" to "John Gregory" and you have a song there already ? 

But my mind is wandering back to biscuits, what sort of biscuit? Plain chocolate hob nob or jammy dodger?

4 minutes ago, JfR said:

Didn't Mel go on Talksport just a few weeks back to specifically dismiss the Rooney/Gregory rumours? I'm pretty sure his words were something along the lines of "there's fake news and then there's this." I can't see him taking that hard of a stance if there was even a slither of a possibility that it could happen.

so it's not fake news then?

7 hours ago, Shang said:

My perspective on a potential Mac3:

If we compare the difference between a Mac1 team with our current team, apart from in one position (up front) he'd have better players across the whole pitch. Most of these players already play in a similar way to their counterparts. If anything this new team would be more attacking, our current crop are more comfortable on the ball, and we have progressive passers of the ball and ball carriers (Clarke, Knight and Holmes) up and down the pitch.

I wouldn't hate the appointment, but we'd need a plan B. Something that never really got resolved in his previous 2 stints.

(Just noticed I missed out Bryson on this!)

158964660_lineup(2).png.a4e761138a77a0fa007c639b89b4e9e6.png

Your arrows show players going towards the opposition goal, that’s a bit radical.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Technically, he repeated a religious belief, something millions do daily. You're about to support a club owned by someone with far more disagreeable views, behind the guise of religion. All gays should be stoned to death. Women are less than dogs and don't deserve education or the right to drive. I could go on.

We won’t be going near Wembley if he’s appointed so I won’t need a ticket 

The only possible reason I can see to have Gregory involved is to "tick the badges box and not get in Wayne's way, be cheap and have the blame if it turns out Rooney is pants" which would be very cynical, and thus, quite plausible in the modern game.

Thought Rosenoir would've been easier to take that bullet if that's the case though.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Hoddle gave his personal opinion about why he thought people were born with a disability. I've not seen a source for the personal opinions of our potential new owner, but the country he comes from doesn't stone gays, educates girls as well as boys and doesn't ban women driving. He comes from the UAE, not Saudi Arabia. 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Hoddles an absolute fruit cake 

Managed to twist an innoffensive mainstream religious view of the cycle of life and reencarnation towards enlightenment into "the disabled people deserve it....... because past lives" - that was some especially ingnorent rubbish considering that was apparently the belief system he'd taken up. (sorry, all these years later it still grates me)

Archived