Remaining December fixtures

MackworthRamIsGod

6 games left in December, how many points should we expect, is achievable etc from the following games, it's been ages since I've even bothered to do anything like this.

Brentford - A

Stoke - H

Swansea - H

Rotherham - A

Preston - H

Birmingham - A

A mixture of tough games and farly winnable ones.

Rooney seems to be settling the side, 3 games unbeaten, a bloody clean sheet.

I think confidence will grow, a point away at Brentford, point at home to Stoke, nothing against Swansea but then we will have the purple patch of this season, 3 wins on the spin against Rotherham, Preston and Brum.

11 points from a possible 18, which would put us on 22 points from 22 games.

I'd take that at this point.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely impossible to tell how we will actually do, we don’t even know who will be in charge for all those games! On paper, it’s a fairly mixed run of matches - some tricky games, some others you’d expect to win ordinarily. What we really need is a strong run of form heading into the new year, to pull us out the relegation zone - 13 points out of a possible 18 would do nicely!

Carry on playing like we did vs MW and build up the self belief that says we can go ahead and not throw away the lead.

Also (believe it or not) that there is no law forbidding us from scoring more than one goal in a game.

Before long the spectre of relegation will seem like a distant dream no longer haunting and eating away at the subconscious edges of players' imaginations.

Yes, points will be dropped but each game has the potential to increase our tally by three points.

There are potentially 18 points to fight for in the next 25 days of 2020.

Imagine seeing the new year in on 33 points!

Unlikely but, tantalisingly, not impossible!

7 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Carry on playing like we did vs MW and build up the self belief that says we can go ahead and not throw away the lead.

Also (believe it or not) that there is no law forbidding us from scoring more than one goal in a game.

Before long the spectre of relegation will seem like a distant dream no longer haunting and eating away at the subconscious edges of players' imaginations.

Yes, points will be dropped but each game has the potential to increase our tally by three points.

There are potentially 18 points to fight for in the next 25 days of 2020.

Imagine seeing the new year in on 33 points!

Unlikely but, tantalisingly, not impossible!

Sorry, my mistake, make that four coffins, er 29 points!

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

6 games left in December, how many points should we expect, is achievable etc from the following games, it's been ages since I've even bothered to do anything like this.

Brentford - A

Stoke - H

Swansea - H

Rotherham - A

Preston - H

Birmingham - A

I think confidence will grow, a point away at Brentford, point at home to Stoke, nothing against Swansea but then we will have the purple patch of this season, 3 wins on the spin against Rotherham, Preston and Brum.

We could potentially win them all, there's no outstanding team in this division. We've beaten the league leaders on their own turf & played second place off the park for first 30 mins at their place before getting a point.

I don't necessarily think we win all of them but with a fully fit squad, plenty of different options in the squad & confidence from a first win in 2 months, I'd like at least 10-12 from those 6.

What is important is that we break the jinx of no home win (for 5 months) & no more than one goal a game (for 4 months) as soon as possible. Nail that against Stoke & we could be flying by New Year.

58 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

We could potentially win them all, there's no outstanding team in this division. We've beaten the league leaders on their own turf & played second place off the park for first 30 mins at their place before getting a point.

I don't necessarily think we win all of them but with a fully fit squad, plenty of different options in the squad & confidence from a first win in 2 months, I'd like at least 10-12 from those 6.

What is important is that we break the jinx of no home win (for 5 months) & no more than one goal a game (for 4 months) as soon as possible. Nail that against Stoke & we could be flying by New Year.

We are still poor and fragile, win against the sides in a similar predicament and try and nick something in the other games or at least limit the damage.  Lose by one goal against brentford and beat Rotherham, Preston and birmingham.  9 points from 18 will keep us afloat and in a far better position than I thought would be possible a few weeks ago

COYR

30 minutes ago, Spanish said:

We are still poor and fragile, win against the sides in a similar predicament and try and nick something in the other games or at least limit the damage.  Lose by one goal against brentford and beat Rotherham, Preston and birmingham.  9 points from 18 will keep us afloat and in a far better position than I thought would be possible a few weeks ago

COYR

I see your point but there haven't been that many games where we've been played off the park. Generally we're very competitive but prone to lapses of concentration & confidence in both boxes.

If we can change that mindset (and yesterday showed that we could), think we could be more bullish than nicking points. Confidence is such a massive thing & can swing very quickly. The last psychological barrier is the lack of goals...break that hoodoo quickly & momentum will build.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

10+ would be a decent return but I think other than Brentford away where I think we will lose, the other 5 are all winnable.

Got to be beating Rotherham away, normally do well away to Brum, then those 3 home games are very winnable imo

The final three are ones where you need to rip off a bit of good form because the next 3 are very tough. 

On 05/12/2020 at 23:42, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Brentford - A

Stoke - H

Swansea - H

Rotherham - A

Preston - H

Birmingham - A

Take first prize in the DCFC FANS FORUM ANNUAL RAMMY POST AWARDS for most promising ; yet boringly sensible, probably right and certainly realistic post . ???

Archived