Derby v Coventry Match Ratings, deadline 5pm tomorrow.

sage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall 5 - don't remember him having much to do other than nearly gifting them a goal first half & picking the ball out of his net

Byrne 7 - was good tonight. Offered a real threat down the right, both early crosses into the box (assist also) and driving runs. They didn't really go down his wing much so not that much defensive work to do

Buchanan 7 - good also. First half he got involved in a lot of the build up play & put over some excellent balls. Second half, he had a right winger sat on him but he coped well despite their lad having a bit of gas. Good aerially as usual

Wisdom 5 - Decent with the ball at his feet but wasn't impressed with his defending. First 10 mins he was very dicey in particular (including a pathetic clearance that led to them flashing a ball across 6 yard box)

Clarke 6 - dominant in the air & good on the ball generally. Nearly gifted them a goal first half (between him & Marshall) and ball watching on occasion too

Bird 6 - generally good & looked to get on the ball and move play around but felt he could have dominated a bit more than he did. When he got on the ball further up the park, he looked a threat. Missed a very good chance first half. 

Bielik 7 - really impressed considering he hasn't played the role for nearly a year. Dominant in tackle (a bit lucky with one late lunge though) & wanted to get on the ball. He & Bird started to pull the strings from an hour in - just the time we needed another striker on.

Holmes 7 - good performance. He was often an outlet a quick give & go pass, looked to get the ball into the box as quickly as possible & worked hard all night

Knight 5 - bit disappointed with Jason tonight. Worked really hard but didn't get close enough to CKR for me & he is exactly the kind of player that needs to be positioning himself for Clarke's knockdowns in opposition penalty area. Didn't contribute enough to attacking effort generally

Lawrence 4 - really ineffective. Just consistently making wrong decisions, not showing for the ball or moving around. Offered very little going forward & is on a different wavelength to everyone else. 

CKR 8 - Excellent again. Obviously the goal was fantastic but so was the assist for Stretton's chance. His close control also allowed him to fashion a great chance for himself first half. If I was being really harsh, I'd criticise him for not getting that & his second half free header on target but hopefully his goal gives him confidence to start finishing higher %. Also love his vocality & obvious leadership. He should be captain, exactly the kind of fire & streetsmarts this side needs

Marshall.....6. Very little to do. Almost a calamity with Clarke; unsighted for their goal.

Byrne........6. Very energetic. Great cross for Kazim's goal.

Buchanan..6. Worked tirelessly. A threat first half.

Wisdom.....6. Did enough without being outstanding.

Clarke.......6. Almost a calamity. Lots of possession but still prone to cocu it backwards to the keeper. 

Bird..........7. Can thread a ball like a needle. We need him a bit further up the pitch. 

Bielik........7. We need him to be masterly a bit further up the pitch. He was standing on Clarke's toes at times.

Holmes....7. raided well. Still a bit lightweight. 

Knight.....8.The new Bryson. Perpetual running and motor. But often a lone toiler. We need a midfield that works "in combination".

Lawrence...2. Seriously lacks any sort of vision. Runs down dark alleys and loses the ball. Irresponsible. 

CK............8...Motm. Again. Great goal. Put no 2 on a silver salver after brilliant work only for Stretton to miss from 7 yards. CK shows what's it's like to put 130% in. Lawrence take note. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Well anyone who puts a 1 is clearly not scoring fairly and distorts a true score.

I ignore zeroes and I also discard the highest and lowest scores for each player.

However if two people score Lawrence '1' then one of the ones will be counted.

I personally haven't gone below 3 this year but everyone has their own opinions.

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Maybe it a honest thought of Lawrence's proformance becuase what did he achually do all game? 

I think the 1 scores are as a result of accumulative disappointment with Lawrence (which I share) which has allowed posters to want to make a point. He is has been poor, certainly 3 and 4 material for most of this season. 

For the next game I shall endeavour to set out the voting framework again.

Archived