Derby v Coventry Match Ratings, deadline 5pm tomorrow.

sage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, sage said:

I think the 1 scores are as a result of accumulative disappointment with Lawrence (which I share) which has allowed posters to want to make a point. He is has been poor, certainly 3 and 4 material for most of this season. 

For the next game I shall endeavour to set out the voting framework again.

I don't envy you in this.

Your voting criteria is actually quite sensible, the problem is with the current situation you are right, it is a cumulative thing with certain players and absolute exasperation with them.

Taking those 1 scores in context shouldn't skew the scores too much. And it is all about opinions at the end of the day.

I think most of the scores are cumulatively spot on and your method of removing the highest and lowest is great practice, it definitely gives a very close realistic scoring system so I appreciate it.

People will always have their favorites and not so favorite players but generally the scores are spot on once everyone's given theirs.

10 hours ago, sage said:

No half points or zeroes.  Just the players below and in that order.

Marshall        6

Byrne            7

Buchanan     7

Wisdom        6

Clarke           6

Bird               7

Bielik             8

Holmes         6

Knight           6

Lawrence      5

CKR               8

Marshall - 5 - Overhyped, should've done better with the goal, as he should have Saturday as well

Byrne - 6 - Great cross for the goal, found him a tad frustrating going forward though. Defended a lot better than vs Boro

Buchanan - 7 - Struggled going forward after his knock, but still puts in a lovely cross

Wisdom  - 7 - Though he played well but didn't cover himself in glory for the goal

Clarke - 6 - Nearly gave me a heart attack

Bird - 6 - Played well but still pretty ineffective if that makes sense

Bielik - 8 - Best player on the pitch

Holmes - 6 - Not a winger, crossing poor

Knight - 6 - Not his best game, but tbf is being played out of position

Lawrence - 4 - Cba to moan

CKR - 7 - Another great game but should've scored another

This is the original framework. Could we all stick to this please. By definition we should not repeatedly by gibing 1 scores. 

We all need to be singing off the same hymnsheet, so whether you agree with my framework or not, can we can we all use the same framework.

1 = Worst performance you have ever seen

2 = Worst performance of the season 

3 = Terrible performance

4 = Very poor performance

5 = Poor performance

6 = Average performance

7 = Good performance

8 = Very good performance

9 = Excellent performance

10 = One of best performances of the season.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

This is the original framework. Could we all stick to this please. By definition we should not repeatedly by gibing 1 scores. 

We all need to be singing off the same hymnsheet, so whether you agree with my framework or not, can we can we all use the same framework.

3 = Terrible performance

5 = Poor performance

6 = Average performance

7 = Good performance

This is why I didn't give a mark over seven. 

That game was pretty awful and lacked quality. 

No one made a major contribution, other than CKR whose job is to score goals. 

Similarly, people like Lawrence who didn't have the best of games, but still got involved, didn't deserve less than a four, no matter how unpopular he is. 

2 hours ago, AGR said:

Holmes - 6 - Not a winger, crossing poor

Knight - 6 - Not his best game, but tbf is being played out of position

Why are we still playing players out of position when we have the likes of Jozwiak and shinnie sitting on the bench

2 hours ago, sage said:

3 = Terrible performance

5 = Poor performance

6 = Average performance

7 = Good performance

Lovely. Need to make that a sticky to start off every ratings thread ?

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Similarly, people like Lawrence who didn't have the best of games, but still got involved, didn't deserve less than a four

With respect that is your personal view and your definition of "terrible" "poor". However I agree we should try to be objective ,difficult as that can be as we all have unconscious bias and standards.

@sage probably already has a spreadsheet which identifies us as glass half full/empty Player lover/hater types! Love to know what the spread is?.

16 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

With respect that is your personal view and your definition of "terrible" "poor". However I agree we should try to be objective ,difficult as that can be as we all have unconscious bias and standards.

@sage probably already has a spreadsheet which identifies us as glass half full/empty Player lover/hater types! Love to know what the spread is?.

I don't need a spreadsheet for that.

Archived