I want Wayne Rooney playing

Curtains

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should be gone from the club never mind anywhere near the first team . It is an absolute circus at the minute wouldn’t surprise me if Curtis Davies was player manager next week, let’s give everybody a go until we eventually win a game. Much more sensible than getting a proven manager in

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t want him hanging his boots up just yet. 

I want him playing Tuesday night. 

I sort of agree and Eric Steele came up with a good point before the game. It would be a sad way to end his career if that dismal 3-0 defeat the other night was his last ever game. 

Having said that, now is not the time for sentiment with the predicament we're in. We have won before without him, most notably the 3-0 Blackburn game, and we can certainly do it again. Whilst I'd like to see a fitting swan song for him, if he's happy contining on the side lines then we should respect that.  

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I sort of agree and Eric Steele came up with a good point before the game. It would be a sad way to end his career if that dismal 3-0 defeat the other night was his last ever game. 

Having said that, now is not the time for sentiment with the predicament we're in. We have won before without him, most notably the 3-0 Blackburn game, and we can certainly do it again. Whilst I'd like to see a fitting swan song for him, if he's happy contining on the side lines then we should respect that.  

His career some time ago

I think bringing Rooney to the club is turning out to be one of the gravest mistakes we've made over Mel's tenure.

I don't say that to slate Rooney himself. I think he believed he'd offer us more than he could as a player and I don't think he's right to be manager in these circumstances. He might make a good manager, but I don't think he's ready and I don't think our circumstances lend themselves to it.

But it seem's we sacrificed so muc to have him here - we can't offer Martin enough to keep him here and we can't sign another CF but we have Wayne Rooney at the club....can't sub him off when clearly that'd be the right move have to change team and tactics to include him after we'd been starting to look better without him.

I think he tried his best when he was playing - even if you're not a fan of his, not trying is not something i'd ever accuse him of, his body just wasn't up to it at this level, and probably believed himself he was needed. He probably believes he's the best person to sort out the team as a coach. I'm sure he's trying to.

Personally, I'd happily see him leave the club and we can all move on. However, for the time being, we've got him here until the end of the season and whilst he's head coach I hope he makes things improve. Even if it's not offical, i sinceerly hope he's hung his boots up. Some of his performances this season are just sad, sad that the skilled, powerful and determined player of his man u and england days is now waddling around misplacing passes, can't track back and getting mugged by everyday journyman second division midfielders.

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think bringing Rooney to the club is turning out to be one of the gravest mistakes we've made over Mel's tenure.

I don't say that to slate Rooney himself. I think he believed he'd offer us more than he could as a player and I don't think he's right to be manager in these circumstances. He might make a good manager, but I don't think he's ready and I don't think our circumstances lend themselves to it.

But it seem's we sacrificed so muc to have him here - we can't offer Martin enough to keep him here and we can't sign another CF but we have Wayne Rooney at the club....can't sub him off when clearly that'd be the right move have to change team and tactics to include him after we'd been starting to look better without him.

I think he tried his best when he was playing - even if you're not a fan of his, not trying is not something i'd ever accuse him of, his body just wasn't up to it at this level, and probably believed himself he was needed. He probably believes he's the best person to sort out the team as a coach. I'm sure he's trying to.

Personally, I'd happily see him leave the club and we can all move on. However, for the time being, we've got him here until the end of the season and whilst he's head coach I hope he makes things improve. Even if it's not offical, i sinceerly hope he's hung his boots up. Some of his performances this season are just sad, sad that the skilled, powerful and determined player of his man u and england days is now waddling around misplacing passes, can't track back and getting mugged by everyday journyman second division midfielders.

Very well said.

Archived