I want Wayne Rooney playing

Curtains

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Most of the fans loved Rooney last season.

I remember when at the away game at Huddersfield the fans were happy with him signing.

Why has he become such a target. .

He won us the game at Norwich 

Because he can't contribute on the field to the level expected of any Derby player. Certainly not consistently, and for what ever reason it's 90 minutes or none with our number 32.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hardest thing for a professional player is to recognise and accept that their playing time at a decent level, has come to an end.  Rooney, although he has said that he would hang up his boots if he were to be a manager, said that otherwise he would continue playing.  His recent performances have been poor however and it’s sad to see a once great player reduced to a shadow of his former self. 

Just now, Turk Thrust said:

The hardest thing for a professional player is to recognise and accept that their playing time at a decent level, has come to an end.  Rooney, although he has said that he would hang up his boots if he were to be a manager, said that otherwise he would continue playing.  His recent performances have been poor however and it’s sad to see a once great player reduced to a shadow of his former self. 

He was missed today in lots of ways. 

He has composure on the pitch and has a great array of passing 

He need runners in and around him. 

I just want him to make his ducking mind up. If he wants to play, then focus on getting fit and contributing on the pitch. Take yourself out of the coaching picture, and let the new man bring his own staff in. If he wants to be a manager, then retire and focus on getting your coaching badges. It’s a simple choice to make - I’m not a fan of all this player-coach nonsense. Too much potential for conflict.

Today was a step in the right direction to be fair, dropping himself from the team to manage from the sidelines. Still don’t think an unqualified coach should be managing us in our current plight mind.

2 hours ago, James Pond said:

Jeff Stelling several times today mentioned "Wayne Rooneys Derby County" just fed up of it.

I can’t wait until all the celebrity mob are gone, how people can enjoy reading and listening to everything related to Derby and one persons name comes up every time even if he’s never related to it. Was the same with Lampard , I am sick of getting people in bigger than the club. It is made even worse when they are making us worse, but will he get any critical from the media? Absolutely not, you look at all the pieces today and they were all about Rooney getting a draw, not us dropping 2 points against Wycombe and being bottom

Archived