New Manager . New Captain.

jimtastic56

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It’s difficult picking a captain when hardly any players are guaranteed a starting place...

yeah but with dubious leadership from the technical area, the captain is more important than ever. In terms of character it has to be Davies. Given the mess we're in and the need for leadership on the pitch, perhaps that means he's first on the team sheet  

Maybe it's just me but I've always thought the role of captain has been given overdue emphasis. Ultimately it's just an armband.

The general idea seems to be that it's about leadership, but I'd say that is the responsibility of every player on the pitch. They all need to show those qualities at some point. It's a team sport.

Captaincy is ceremonial in football.

7 hours ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Maybe it's just me but I've always thought the role of captain has been given overdue emphasis. Ultimately it's just an armband.

The general idea seems to be that it's about leadership, but I'd say that is the responsibility of every player on the pitch. They all need to show those qualities at some point. It's a team sport.

Captaincy is ceremonial in football.

While that’s possibly true when the team is full of top players, when you’ve got a team full of average players, young players, and players with little confidence, then a captain on the pitch is vital. When heads drop or one of the young players makes a mistake, the captain is the one who can lift them and refocus their efforts....

8 hours ago, plymouthram said:

If Rooney is running the show, he will start with Bird and give him the skipper's role. He rates him very highly, Davies is not a regular. Nor is Shinnie, so I will be surprised if anyone else will get the captain's armband.

I would play a fully fit Bielik behind Knight and Sibley with Bird on the bench ?

7 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Just outta curiosity... Why hasn't Rooney got his badges? Has he even got the basic qualifications or ever taking a FA Course? 

Surely if he "always wanted to be a manager" he could've actually gained something by now?

I'm sure I read somewhere a quote from 2017 from him saying he'd started his badges. 

If he still hasn't got them after 3 plus years he's either dropped out or doing resits!?

8 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Just outta curiosity... Why hasn't Rooney got his badges? Has he even got the basic qualifications or ever taking a FA Course? 

Surely if he "always wanted to be a manager" he could've actually gained something by now?

I think he has the basic badges, however you need Continental A or Pro license to 'manage' a team. He is on some sort of fastrack to get one or both now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived