Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Some consistency in team selection is needed so I doubt we'll change more than two. Bielik and Jozwiak in for Rooney and Holmes.

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bielik 

Knight   Bird

Jozwiak   Waghorn   Lawrence

Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Davies, Forsyth, Shinnie, Sibley, Holmes, Whittaker, Rooney

I think you are largely right but I don't think Rooney will drop himself. 

I honestly think it will likely be Jozwiak in for Knight and no other changes (even if I don't think it's correct).

Marshall

Byrne      Wisdom       Clarke      Buchanan

Bielik

Knight          Holmes

Jozwiak            Waghorn         Lawrence

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Marshall

Bielik

Knight          Holmes

Sibley for Holmes and maybe Ibe for Waggers...

Marshall

Byrne        Wisdom    Clarke   Buchanan  

Bird       Rooney

Jozwiak        Knight    Lawrence  

Waghorn

Only one change with Jozwiak coming back in for Holmes. Need to keep some continuity. Bird and Wisdom were our best players against Bristol so keep their places, Rooney stays where he can captain the team and influence. As much as people have been criticising Lawrence he put in a shift yesterday and is important with our defensive shape which we will need. Hopefully Waggy will work on staying in position as no 9, he’s best we have right now.

If the game is there to be won going into the last 30 mins hopefully we’ll actually use the bench this time, bringing on likes of Whittaker and Sibley, taking Rooney off moving Knight back alongside Bird (which I hope we will move to in the medium term) 

Be good if Ibe and Duncan are available to give us some different options.

1 hour ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Hasn’t done Liverpool any harm

True, just not for me I just don’t get it. (And we’re not Liverpool or have anything like the quality to play it)

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Do people know why Kazim-Richards wasn't even on the bench yesterday?

20 players and he wasn't listed. Isn't a good sign. 

Yes he offers an alternative, but can we please acknowledge the circumstances. He's a proper journeyman. Had perhaps one season of note. Barely played any football consecutively in his career, hasn't got a good goalscoring record. Isn't known to be a hold up player that gets assists and he's 34. 

Can a player like this play 4 games in the space of 11 or so games? Can he have an impact too? 

Doesn't look great. 

I don't understand...

637BEB43-10A8-4888-B4B5-CE4838ACC155.thumb.jpeg.8b55ff85cb281bd5e5aaaf4dd3c9950d.jpeg

look....I’ve moved them about abit as if there is some clever tactical master plan.

now all I need now is to justify the selection using the Liam Rosenior guide to tactical analysis ...something like..

we all - that’s myself, Wayne, shay, and the other one - we all agree that we want to play attacking football, with a high press, and we all want to see us score goals and we all want to win games of football, and we all passionately believe that we can do that, whether that’s at Pride Park or the Riverside stadium in Middlesbrough, and we will work really hard to make that a reality for  myself, Wayne, shay and the other fella, and all of the fans and for Mel and Mrs Mel, and the tea lady and the kit man and all of the people who share the same dream that we do. And we have noticed  - that’s me, Wayne, shay and the other one - but mainly me, that Middlesbrough leave a pocket of space on the nearside in front of the back four, and we believe that Louie can exploit that space and if works then please remember that I said it first, that’s me - not Wayne, shay or the other one - and the wide players will occupy their full backs, so we went with Jozwiak and Whittaker - that’s jizza and Whizza - not wazza and Lozza - with knighty and birdy - because they have the pace, the skill and the energy and the mobility, and I passionately believe in the fact that we will win this game of football if we can score more goals than they do. Oh please give me the job. I am so passionate, and intelligent and articulate. Wayne is an area of outstanding natural beauty. He is undoubtedly of architectural and historic significance, but I am equally outstanding and I write things down, and I think things through, and I am very passionate, and better on tv , and I had the vegetarian starter, and he eats like a pig. 

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Marshall

Bielik

Knight          Holmes

No obvious Captain in this team.

14 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Its time. Out Rooney goes & in come the midfield trio of Knight, Bird & Sibley. They provide energy, are able to control the game & Knight/Sibley further forward in central midfield gives us a better goal threat.

Also believe we need to give CKR his chance. We have virtually no presence up top at the minute, he changes that & provides a platform for the returning Jozwiak (Lawrence rested), Waggy wide right, Knight & Sibley to play off. 

Back 5 stay the same. No more tinkering there please.

20201122_080858.jpg.63ce8c83d4a540336d74ad0bcdf4006b.jpg

That, but Whittaker instead of Kazim Richards.

The problem we have is clearly obvious. Nobody has any idea what our best team is. A great many have put their preferences up, but I haven’t found a match among them. In fact, from memory, only Marshall, Clarke and (perhaps) Buchanan have been consistent picks.  For what worth I would like us to go with Ramnut’s team, although it might prove physically lightweight:

image.thumb.jpeg.8642fb1e17b68a15a63c38dbe3b88ed6.jpegI

If Rooney has to play, and I suspect for a couple of reasons he has too, then he should have Louie’s spot, but only with the expectation that Louie must get 30 minutes in the second half. Waghorn is very lucky to keep his place.

Archived