Loans from Manchester City

Nuwtfly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it's true. Sounds more like a poor journalist trying to draw a link that isn't there
In the off chance we recruit a manager who does have a good connection with someone up there, Delap and Harwood-Bellis are probably the only two I see us going for. We won't be signing anyone to push Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley down the pecking order. CB and CF are arguably our two weakest positions. I think we should be looking for permeant additions in those areas though, given the players set to leave in the summer.

22 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

got a link ?

Plenty on previous threads ( inam an old technophobe so attaching links is not in my skill set ?) but the jist was that our potential Sheik Khaled and Mansours Grandads were brothers and Khaled's Grandad shot and killed Mansours Grandad which caused a bit of a to do and Khaled's family were banished.

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Unlikely due to the previous reported family feud I would have thought 

Have you listened to the interview with the Arab journalist who says they get on OK. Every year the families meet up the splitting was many years ago and they get on fine now. 

Also said the the ruling family would have been told about the planned takeover and it would not have reached this stage unless they had green lighted it. 

I don't understand what a family feud is. Is it arguing over the money your grandparents have left you in the will, getting off with your siblings girlfriend, or just killing each other?

I've fallen out with my brother many times over the years, but if I ever needed his help, including a financial loan, he's always willing to oblige me. I've always paid him back though!!

36 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I don't understand what a family feud is. Is it arguing over the money your grandparents have left you in the will, getting off with your siblings girlfriend, or just killing each other?

I've fallen out with my brother many times over the years, but if I ever needed his help, including a financial loan, he's always willing to oblige me. I've always paid him back though!!

It’s the American version of Family Fortunes. They must’ve been on a game show. 

Just thought I'd look at our brief and glorious history of player transfers involving Derby County & Manchester City

IN
Peter Doherty (1945/56)
Fionan Fagan (1960/61)
Francis Lee (1974/75)
Mark Lillis (1986/87)
Paul Ritchie (loan) (2002/03)
Danny Mills (loan) (2007/08)
Javan Vidal (loan) (2009/10)

OUT
Trevor Christie (1986/87)
Darren Wassall (loan) (1996/97)
Spencer Prior (1999/00)
Liam Delap (2019/20)
Scott Carson (loan) (2019/20 & 2020/21)

SHEIKH IT ALL ABOUT

Mouthwatering, can't wait.

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

In this case it was the grandfather of our (soon to be) new owner who killed Mansour's grandfather (they were half-brothers)

Not sure how much I believe it, but It would be very good news if we could build a good relationship with City and get first choice on loaning their young players. We saw the difference it could make under Lampard with Chelsea. Getting someone like Delap back on loan would solve a problem, for example.

Might sound stupid but do we need any loans from Man City? Looking at the u23s our team is above theirs so hadnt we may as well use our own?

Its not like with Chelsea where they have 1000s youth players who they loan out like Mount & Tomori had previously so it would have to be someone too good for the u23s at City, if that is the case then under Guardiola they would be in and around the first team.

Only 2 I can see would be Delap & Harwood-Bellis?

Archived