Loans from Manchester City

Nuwtfly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a terrible DET piece talking about half a dozen of Citeh's youngsters who are attacking midfielders or forwards and who would benefit from a loan to us. I bet they would. 

There's not the slightest awareness in the piece that we have better in our own academy. 

It’s desperately difficult for any youngster to get any kind of game time at Manchester City but I don’t care about them I want our youngsters to play here and if we were to loan any then for me it would have to be loan with a view to sign permanent  

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's a terrible DET piece talking about half a dozen of Citeh's youngsters who are attacking midfielders or forwards and who would benefit from a loan to us. I bet they would. 

There's not the slightest awareness in the piece that we have better in our own academy. 

Tommy Doyle - DM,  3 goals and 5 assists in 29 U23 games. Played a few minutes of first team football in the cups. Unlikely to get in over Bielik, and why block Bird's progression?
Adrian Bernabe - AM, 7 goals and 11 assists in 33 U23 games. Played a few games of first team football in the cups. Over Sibley and Knight? Holmes, Shinnie, Rooney are other options, so doesn't make sense.
Jayden Braaf - LW, Lawrence, Jozwiak and Ibe all prefer this side. We also have Whittaker and Waghorn as options on the right.
Felix Nmecha - See Bernabe
Lukas Nmecha - Currently on loan to Anderlecht for the season.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis - This one makes sense if we get one (or more) of Davies, Evans, te Wierik and Wisdom out.

19 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

To be fair their u18s are top of the league and we're mid-table I think

But that's probably cos our 18 year olds play for the u-23s... 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I'd like that to be true but it isn't.

The weighted average* of our U18s this season has been 17.0, vs Man City's 16.6
The weighted average* of our U23s this season has been 19.6, vs Man City's 18.0

The argument I'd make is that a large group leap frogged the U23s into the first team. This meant The over 23s who may have ordinarily been released stayed on to plug gaps whilst also pulling some of the better U18s up from their age group.

* weighted average calculated using the absolute age of a player (16, 17, 18 etc...) rather than taking in to account months.

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd like that to be true but it isn't.

The weighted average* of our U18s this season has been 17.0, vs Man City's 16.6
The weighted average* of our U23s this season has been 19.6, vs Man City's 18.0

The argument I'd make is that a large group leap frogged the U23s into the first team. This meant The over 23s who may have ordinarily been released stayed on to plug gaps whilst also pulling some of the better U18s up from their age group.

* weighted average calculated using the absolute age of a player (16, 17, 18 etc...) rather than taking in to account months.

Actually, the gap isn't as big when considering months.

U18s = 17.26 vs 17.04
U23s = 20.05 vs 18.45

Ignore our over 23s (Bielik, Ibe, Evans, Ravas) and ours drops to 19.85. It drops further to 19.12 when those 21 and over are excluded (Trialist, Wassall, Shonibare, Cresswell, Bateman, Idem)

Archived