Crucial Period

24Charlie

So much in the offing here.

Scenario 1. New owner piles on. Stadium gets expanded to 44,000 plaza gets built. Pride Park becomes the premier destination venue for non football related stadium events in the East Midlands.
On the football side a top quality manager brought in and Owner happy to build a championship winning team in a season and a half then back heavily in the PL and we become a force in Europe.

Scenario 2. Owner is all talk and doesn’t take over leaving us with Mel who wants rid but isn’t prepared to pay Cocu off. Mood around the place becomes toxic and we nosedive to relegation.

Of course there are a multitude of scenarios that could evolve including Cocu walks. Rosenior takes over and guides us to the prem via the play-offs. Sir Liam Rosenior looks back in 30 years having guided England to their second consecutive World Cup, at the 24 years he spent at the helm of DCFC. 

The fact is we are at a crossroads and right know I have no idea where we are going.

Please feel free to add your own scenario.

Interesting time to be a Ram.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scenario 1 is a lovely idea but pure fantasy. We do not have the catchment for 44000 these days, 3years at least to develop a winning promotion capable side, then 3 years to consolidate. Covid will have me by then!

More likely deal is done but after 2 years of floundering with whatever manager we have he will asset strip and begone. Football structure will have changed and we will merge with Burton and play at Mickleover Sports.

I fear scenario 2 is the most likely to be honest. I’ll believe this takeover when I see it - there’s no smoke without fire and all that. Even if it does go through, there’s no guarantees whatsoever that they’ll actually spend any money. They might get rid of Cocu, but god knows who might come in. I’m struggling to see a way we escape relegation to be honest, but I hope I’m wrong. Whoever comes in will still be hamstrung by Rooney, who doesn’t look interested anymore.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

There’s not much point developing the ground, spending dcfc cash on cafes and bars, when we don’t own it. 

...and no one's allowed in it ?.

For a variety of reasons, I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I've seen my last game at Pride Park. ???

New owner comes in. Hands tied by P&S rules as Derby remain impacted by rolling 3 year average.

Cocu and staff put on gardening leave as we can't afford pay off o/a P&S. And someone we've never heard of from UAE league gets appointed manager followed by a bloke on the forum claiming they are keen watchers of the middle eastern leagues and this manager favours  433.

Derby play a 4231. Sibley reinstated. Scores a brace in a win in first match and fans start looking at distance to play offs. Gets red-carded in 3rd minute of next match which we lose. 

Derby sign a striker for around £1mn in Jan. He's from Turkey. Jeff is a keen watcher of Turkish football and claims this new bloke is brilliant in the air. He misses a header in the next match but does look a bit useful. 

Derby continue to fluctuate in form and finish season in 20th. 

A couple of points:

1. The EFL wouldn’t have been asked to approve the takeover of it wasn’t a genuine proposal

2. The club wouldn’t have released a statement saying they had an agreement ‘in principle’ if they hadn’t

I appreciate the football side of things is particularly depressing at the moment, but the level of negativity displayed by some posters is ridiculous.....

14 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

When do you think that might happen?

Personally I don’t think it will happen. My point is we are on at a point where anything could happen. I have no crystal ball but at this point neither scenario can be ruled out. 
Equally feel free to make up your own scenario it could quite easily be right.

6 minutes ago, Gritty said:

New owner comes in. Hands tied by P&S rules as Derby remain impacted by rolling 3 year average.

Cocu and staff put on gardening leave as we can't afford pay off o/a P&S. And someone we've never heard of from UAE league gets appointed manager followed by a bloke on the forum claiming they are keen watchers of the middle eastern leagues and this manager favours  433.

Derby play a 4231. Sibley reinstated. Scores a brace in a win in first match and fans start looking at distance to play offs. Gets red-carded in 3rd minute of next match which we lose. 

Derby sign a striker for around £1mn in Jan. He's from Turkey. Jeff is a keen watcher of Turkish football and claims this new bloke is brilliant in the air. He misses a header in the next match but does look a bit useful. 

I can definitely see that one happening ? 

9 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Good effort mate, are you channeling the spirit of Derek Acorah ?

30F365A9-480A-43E9-9D94-8D66AA32E2B0.gif

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The only way we need 40k plus stadium is whether we are happy to give the away team 10,000 tickets.

We had to turn people away in our worst team in history year. I think we’ll get another 10k with a top challenging team.

Let’s not forget it was built with this scenario in mind. It’s not like forest trying to get a 50k seater stadium built for the World Cup bid. That would really have been funny seeing the rattle around inside that.

Why on earth would be develop the stadium to 44k playing Championship football. How many home games last season did we get a full house. Or the season before when we were challenging for promotion.

Scenario 3 could be new owner comes in fires Cocu replaces him with new manager we avoid relegation but the next season leaves us no better off as we are saddled with a large EFL points deduction for breaching FFP rules for the million pound pay off so the stay of execution is merely deferred to next season. 

Scenario 1.

Shortly after the takeover is completed a statement includes the phrase "Fawaz...has been brought into the club by the new owners to run the sporting side of the business, he has experience of success in the english game and is trusted by the owers to bring success to Pride Park"

All that follows is as bad as you'd imagaine.

Archived