Crucial Period

24Charlie

4 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

We had to turn people away in our worst team in history year. I think we’ll get another 10k with a top challenging team.

Let’s not forget it was built with this scenario in mind. It’s not like forest trying to get a 50k seater stadium built for the World Cup bid. That would really have been funny seeing the rattle around inside that.

In the last full season of attendances Forest had a higher average attendance than us. If you think they'd have problems filling their ground then we'd be even worse. Our record attendance of all time isn't even 44,000 and that was set when we had the great Brian in charge and could pack people in like Sardines with no concern for safety. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Why cant the new owners just gift the club £100m or sponsor the stadium. Investment by giving the club a large loan at zero interest that we dont have to pay back for 10 year. 

Surely if the new owners want to inject their own money then they should be allowed. 

They'll be a way round things anyway

Because the profit & sustainability rules are designed to stop this because it risks a club buying expensive players on big wages, with club making losses, and if owner then stops funding it, and can't find a buyer, club goes bust. 

So P&S actively designed to prevent this largesse.

Sponsorship has to be assessed as fair value.  

Sorry, away from attendances for the moment...

If the takeover actually takes place, I think we will get a good idea of Sheikh Khaled's ambitions from what he does about the management situation.

If he stays with Cocu, it would suggest he's bought into Mel's vision that the academy is the future.

If he goes for someone like Paul Cook, then the idea will be to entertain but almost be accepting that we will be championship playoff contenders at best.

If we go for a big name manager, like Gerrard or Benitez, it probably says Champions League is our ultimate goal.

If we go for Mac3, Igor or Simpson, then it would indicate an understanding or empathy for the club.

An Allardyce or Pullis, then a panic about the league position.

If he appoints Wayne Rooney, then I'd suggest he's just star struck. Doesn't know much about the current plight but he wants a manager he and the rest of the world have heard about.

I hope I am not doing a disservice.

COYR ? 

I think we've entered a period where everyday is a 'crucial period'. 

If decisions are not made fairly soon before and things left to drift, half a season will be gone and we'll be no further forward.

The preverbal 'Fingers need to pulled out', 'Arese's need to be kicked' the 'pedal put to the metal' and this team needs to start to perform.  

Otherwise its welcome to League 1 proto.  Shiekh or no Shiekh.

On 08/11/2020 at 23:05, IslandExile said:

If the takeover actually takes place, I think we will get a good idea of Sheikh Khaled's ambitions from what he does about the management situation.

If he stays with Cocu, it would suggest he's bought into Mel's vision that the academy is the future.

If he goes for someone like Paul Cook, then the idea will be to entertain but almost be accepting that we will be championship playoff contenders at best.

If we go for a big name manager, like Gerrard or Benitez, it probably says Champions League is our ultimate goal.

If we go for Mac3, Igor or Simpson, then it would indicate an understanding or empathy for the club.

An Allardyce or Pullis, then a panic about the league position.

If he appoints Wayne Rooney, then I'd suggest he's just star struck. Doesn't know much about the current plight but he wants a manager he and the rest of the world have heard about.

I hope I am not doing a disservice.

COYR ? 

I'm bumping this thread because it really is a crucial time in the history of our club.

In addition, I'm quoting my own post because I think the appointment will be telling on the new owner's ambitions.

Archived