Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

A Chris Martin goal within 30 seconds (purely to witness a forum meltdown of nuclear proportions) followed by 5 Derby goals please.

A Derby goal within 30 seconds followed by 2 Chris Martin goals in the last 5 minutes is our future.

Interesting line up 

harsh on Davies and Shinnie who have done nothing wrong 

decent opportunity for Bird again let’s hope he does well 

Holmes has done nothing to get back in the starting line up - in a few weeks he will be permanently on the bench

Rooney could be playing up front off the front or with Bird which is why he has to start as he still is very talented 

Belick - he had done absolutely nothing to have played in the last game after being out for so long so no real surprise for me 

jozwiak - well he missed out last time he was away with Poland so I am not surprised he is missing again. 

Lawrence - way better than Holmes but needs to produce consistently or he wouldn’t be starting in my teams 

lets hope our substitutes fancy it 

19 minutes ago, Shang said:

I think the reason why Wisdom is in for Davies is that he's a lot better at progressive passing. He's got a decent long range ball and is good at passing the ball through the lines.

Good to see Holmes back in though, he's definitely second to Joz though.

It's more than just that with Davies. I'm fairly convinced you can't play Davies unless you plan on sitting back and counter attacking. In order to play a high line you need pace in the back line and/or be very good at keeping the ball (ideally both). 

Davies is slow and isn't good on the ball particularly in the tight situations that occur when you are high up the pitch. So if you play him your defence naturally starts dropping off to compensate and once that happens the whole team drops off.

22 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Understand Dutch Mike missing out but not Kazim Richards . 

Need waggy to have his one in 5 good game today 

For me leaving Colin out of the 20 is the single best thing about this selection. I get the guy has to make a living and has tried hard, so I'm sorry for him personally, but it was a ridiculous deal when we already had Waghorn, Rooney, Hector-Ingram, Whittaker, Stretton and Duncan, with the option to recall Marriott at Christmas. 

Archived