Abu Derby County

tinman

This deal will no longer go through because of where Cocu has got us. Why would a billionaire Shiekh purchase a club rock bottom of the championship. Embarrassing for him to be the owner of a club like this. 
Thanks Cocu for ruining the best deal that will ever be presented to us.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, belperram9 said:

This deal will no longer go through because of where Cocu has got us. Why would a billionaire Shiekh purchase a club rock bottom of the championship. Embarrassing for him to be the owner of a club like this. 

That is my suspicion as well.

Championship with a promotion is very different to League one and another challenge in the championship.

Think we had to get all this signed off prior to QPR. 

It seems odd to be thinking the season has no hope after 11 games and i've seen Derby sides struggle a fair few times.  I genuinely think there is no hope though- it took me till January to think that about the 11 pint team.

Absolutely abject side.  Worst I've seen here in my 39 yrs of watching

United Arab Emirates/Public holidays (2021)

New Year's Day

Fri, 1 Jan 2021

Prophet's Ascension

Likely 10–11 Mar 2021*

Eid al-Fitr Eve

Likely Wed, 12 May 2021

Eid al-Fitr

Likely 12–15 May 2021*

Day of Arafat

Likely 18–19 Jul 2021*

Eid al-Adha

Likely 19–22 Jul 2021*

Islamic New Year

Likely 9–10 Aug 2021*

Prophet's Birthday

Likely 18–19 Oct 2021*

Commemoration Day

Tue, 30 Nov 2021

National Day

Thu, 2 Dec 2021

Just so the players know when wages are likely to be late.

48 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

There's disliking the manager and  wanting him gone, and there's talking complete and utter cocobananas ******** and  putting the blame one man for something that's only actually happened in your head.

Yeah, I'm sure they agreed the deal in principle earlier this week when we were 23rd but now we're bottom they're going to pull out.

they'll pull out because we lost to Barnsley ? Don't think so. They want a club with PL infrastructure at a Championship price. They've got one.

Cocu will not go if - under the terms of the sale - Mel bears the cost of breaking the 3 year contract. 

There's just one danger. City Group would love a good championship club as a feeder for all of their teams. Let's hope K and his cousin will not use us and our fine academy for this purpose. That would be years of pain and problems with the regulators. But not likely

What’s key for me here is who the new owners are going to put in place to manage the day to day.

Its currently Mel as COO (I think) and SP as CEO.

Assuming SP stays in place but Mel becomes this special advisor who is going to actually call the shots and be the decision maker. 

Whoever that person is has final say - and that person needs to be in place immediately so we can get rid of Cocu.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What’s key for me here is who the new owners are going to put in place to manage the day to day.

Assuming SP stays in place but Mel becomes this special advisor who is going to actually call the shots and be the decision maker. 

Whoever that person is has final say - and that person needs to be in place immediately so we can get rid of Cocu.

Oh jeez, Mel still making decisions?  Well that has worked out well so far.  I am far from happy with the takeover but this is where he has put us

53 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I really don't think they'll pull out. There is so much potential in Derby County and a really good fan base.  Not worried at all.

There comes a point where it’s not wise to continue though. Simple because a league one destined club is worth less than a top 10 championship one.

2 hours ago, belperram9 said:

Don't talk wet 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Seriously how much faith could you have in a business that keeps in charge the people to blame for it being where it is now?!

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously how much faith could you have in a business that keeps in charge the people to blame for it being where it is now?!

Its a fair point that the overall decision of managers is Mel, and I'd like to believe that the manager has had overall say in the players.

BUT we don't know yet who is going to call the shots. The Sheikh won't be spending 40 hours a week of his time working on Derby County ....

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

This is exactly why we need someone in that DoF role.

9 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

This is exactly why we need someone in that DoF role.

I'm not a huge fan of this. I don't ever think a manager should be undermined in his player decisions. I fear a DoF does this.

But it you leave Pearce to run the business side of the club, out a DoF to act as the link from manager and academy boss into owners, it could work when an owner is very remote.

We have an interesting few weeks but the longer it goes on, the more it'll impact on the pitch with the gap getting bigger to 21st!

Archived