Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Johnson, sure, but we did not overpay for Vydra. We made profit on Vydra and he got us into the play offs after an amazing season.

Just because we ended up making a profit or that he had a good season (following on from a bad one), doesn't mean that we didn't overpay for him at the time we signed him.

His record before signing for us was patchy and streaky. A couple good seasons in which he hit good veins of form in amongst a lot of other seasons of not good seasons and patches of poor form. When he signed for us he was a player Watford were looking to sell and he was coming off the back of a bad season at Reading. £8M was substantially over the odds for him at the time. 

I'm always sceptical of any new owner. Why do they want to buy the club and what are they hoping to gain from it. Are they buying a football club pourly in the hope of making a fast buck, irrelevant of what damage it does to the club or are they after the kudos of owning a successful football club and will happily put millions into the club. 

What will the future look like for the Rams, under a potential new owner? Will we be cheering him for all his financial investment as we celebrate promotion or will we all be crowded outside Pride Park, calling the owner a bamford and shouting for him to duck off.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The sooner this gets done the better.

clearly Mel has no desire to prolong his stewardship. We just have to go with the flow.

He has given it 100%. His development of the academy will be the positive legacy.

the financial problems and loss of the stadium is a negative legacy.

How this takeover changes the ffp position would be interesting to know.

ultimately the first team has suffered and we are nowhere near the level we were at when he took over, but it is what is. It’s been a rollercoaster ride. the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I personally hope that we keep faith with the plan to maximise the development of academy players, and don’t go off on another silly spending spree but we do need to find wriggle room for some further investment in the team.

Hopefully we can continue to build a new and exciting young team.

he financial problems and loss of the stadium is a negative legacy.

I believe Mel to the best of my knowledge has not included the stadium as part of the sale, after all, Gellaw Newco 202 Limited who own the stadium is wholly owned by Mel and nowhere does it say that is part of the deal to buy the club. 

9 minutes ago, StruttsParkRam said:

They reported on talk sport today the new owner is the 4th richest royal in the world

1. Saudi arabia 

2. Sultan of Brunei

3. Thailand 

4. Derby county

They also stated his personal wealth was 15 billion

Selling to Abu Dhabi when we could have held out for Brunei? Lack of ambition killing the club once again.

How have we resolved the issues that prevented previous attempts of a takeover by this consortium? 

I feel particularly uneasy at the EFL signing anything off, they do not act in the best interests of any member club; Charlton, Wigan etc highlight this. So are we relying on Mel’s judgement and what does this amount to? 

I cant help but wonder why the sheikh is seriously about to buy us? 

Im hoping he realised because of his wealth and willingness to spend big, the big 6 in the prem were always going to block any purchase there. So hes dropped down to the Championship where they cant stop him. Then take us up and spend as much as he likes in the Prem! 

20 minutes ago, StruttsParkRam said:

They reported on talk sport today the new owner is the 4th richest royal in the world

1. Saudi arabia 

2. Sultan of Brunei

3. Thailand 

4. Derby county

They also stated his personal wealth was 15 billion

I may be behind but didnt we establish this person to not be a royal? 

Just now, dantheram said:

How have we resolved the issues that prevented previous attempts of a takeover by this consortium? 

I feel particularly uneasy at the EFL signing anything off, they do not act in the best interests of any member club; Charlton, Wigan etc highlight this. So are we relying on Mel’s judgement and what does this amount to? 

The only thing that stopped this consortium was lack of agreement , you might be confusing them with the Saudi Group who tried to take over Newcastle as well

On 31/10/2020 at 21:42, Ken Tram said:

Roughly how much will it cost to buy Derby County?

"Morris ... looks set to sell up for around £60m to Sheikh Khaled," according to the DET.

Or ... 30,000 fans at £2k each. Should we? Would we make a better job of it?

I'll pledge £2k, so just another 29,999 to go!

PS. U23s ... top of the league. ?

Archived