Abu Derby County

tinman

4 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

im not worried. more a nervous excitement to be honest. dont think we’ll have money to burn like some suggest. but the money we do have, the manager (whoever that is) and the scouting team need to get the signings right

How long have we been saying that for.

Something radically needs to change.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sooner this gets done the better.

clearly Mel has no desire to prolong his stewardship. We just have to go with the flow.

He has given it 100%. His development of the academy will be the positive legacy.

the financial problems and loss of the stadium is a negative legacy.

How this takeover changes the ffp position would be interesting to know.

ultimately the first team has suffered and we are nowhere near the level we were at when he took over, but it is what is. It’s been a rollercoaster ride. the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I personally hope that we keep faith with the plan to maximise the development of academy players, and don’t go off on another silly spending spree but we do need to find wriggle room for some further investment in the team.

Hopefully we can continue to build a new and exciting young team.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

How long have we been saying that for.

Something radically needs to change.

In fairness if the last window was any evidence we have moved forward in that regard but I do wonder how much of that was a symptom of manager having been here for a season and had time to properly identify targets.

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yep we don’t know the financing arrangements, he could be a bottomless pit of money or he could be fairly small fry in the grand scheme of these things.

I’m sure that Mel wouldn’t just hand us over to old shyster, despite the need to get out!

I’ve been looking through a few articles and it seems the bid for Newcastle was partly funded by borrowing from an American firm, basically trying to buy it the same way the glazers did with United but on a lesser scale.

Lets pray he’s found the best person to sell to, he’s had 6/7 chances at finding a good manager none of which have worked out let’s hope he’s got this one right.

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m a life long Derby fan and family old to boot so I’m hopefull but also aware that this being Derby we could all to easily end up with the only sheik with no rattle and roll ,,,

please just for once let’s have a bit of luck

I suggested this to my son whose response was “ Yeah a milk sheikh “! We shall see.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness if the last window was any evidence we have moved forward in that regard but I do wonder how much of that was a symptom of manager having been here for a season and had time to properly identify targets.

Yes agreed though I was more alluding to the value for money aspect of our transfer dealings over the previous few seasons where the money shelled out or contract length issued comparitive to the players realised performances have been very poor.

21 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

It say's on Sky Sport's News in principle, how long do you think it will take before it becomes official? If it's weeks/months our club is left in limbo. For the good it needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later. 

It's already official and will be completed within the next few days. Check the official site/a couple pages back.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes agreed though I was more alluding to the value for money aspect of our transfer dealings over the previous few seasons where the money shelled out or contract length issued comparitive to the players realised performances have been very poor.

Oh absolutely, before this season there a numerous examples of really silly decisions. Even some of the players that turned out ok we vastly overpayed for e.g. Johnson and Vydra

Archived