Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

There’s NO CASH COMING IN. THERE’S A BLOODY PANDEMIC AND A LOCKDOWN! We were flying by the seat of our pants already before the money dried up. 

This isn’t solely bad ownership, nobody could’ve foreseen what was coming! 

I agree it's a bit of a perfect storm and not the best time to try to sell a football club but......

13 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

It wasn't too long ago I was eagerly scouring social media looking for confirmation we had signed the likes of George Thorne and Tom Ince. The future looked so exciting. I didn't entertain any notion other than we were heading for the Premier League and we would firmly establish ourselves there.

Now I'm checking social media looking for confirmation our club still exists. What has happened between then and now is difficult to get your head around.

A sobering realisation is that it could well be our time to pay the piper. If it is, however painful we are and always will be Derby County.  

Just now, Coconut said:

I hate to break it to you, but that would be the ideal situation for them - buy us off the administrators for next to nothing.

As I've stated, I don't think Mel will let that happen. 

Otherwise, the news that has leaked out would mean this is 100 percent off. At which point, why would you leak it. You'd just put out a statement now. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who remembers us selling Huddz on the last day of the transfer window?

Seems like those days might be back...

Knight and Sibley for how much?

Or will Mel save us from the mess he's got us into?!

Last minute on the last day wasn't it?

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

There’s NO CASH COMING IN. THERE’S A BLOODY PANDEMIC AND A LOCKDOWN! We were flying by the seat of our pants already before the money dried up. 

This isn’t solely bad ownership, nobody could’ve foreseen what was coming! 

Even Southampton lost around £80m quid last year.

We were running along at around at £20m per year loss on paper, nevermind stadium sales and other wheezes, with income nearer £30m.

Easy to see how this pandemic may have cost us £50m quid already. 

10k Season tickets sold, at a reduced price, against 22k normally!

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

I don't think Mel will do it to us. He will find the money. 

You have more faith than me, even if he finds it this month, what about the next and the one after that.

Seems he is ready to cut his losses one way or another, maybe this takeover is his final hurrah to blame someone else. How do you go from being confident the deal will be completed pre Xmas, to funds have been sent to where we are now, admin could be around the corner.

Surely the club have had some evidence that the funds were there in the first instance, I really am struggling to understand how we are in the position we are now, even after everything Mel has previously done.

Archived