Abu Derby County

tinman

1 minute ago, DCFC1976 said:

Surely Covid has had a big impact on the running of the club and the takeover, Mel could never have foreseen the impact it would have had?

Even if so, Newcastle fans were warning Derby regarding this bloke. Says he has the money, it never shows. Mel is a astute businessman, but he’s rushed getting out and has now put the future of our club at stake. Get out Mel. 

PS Still willing to set up a go fund me page, put my fiesta on and takeover as fans... and my mrs car,  she don’t know yet though? 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I really doubt it's going to happen now but, he could still need the loan even if the money is still coming. Maybe it's a short term bridging loan.

Anyone got any more straws for me to cling to?

How about its all a case of miscommunication. The players love Derby so much they've agreed to give up there wages for a month so Mel can get a loan in....?

Messi is on his way boys and girls! ?COYR'S ?

This certainly needs a club statement first thing tomorrow morning - everyone needs to know where the club stands and whether these threats of administration are genuine or simply leaked to out the potential buyers under pressure.

I could wait (fairly patiently) for the deal to be completed without getting too upset but this is a whole new ball game....

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

How the fook have we ended up on this situation after years of budgeting under GSE? Yearly we’ve seen our better players leave (Ince, Hughes, Martin, Hendrick, Vydra..) to be in this mess is absolutely bs

Rinse and repeat (it's the Derby way).

35 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Mel needs to get out this club. I genuinely am starting to hate this club. Starting to lose the love I have. Feel so disconnected. Still no money received for last year. Thousands of calls to the club for no money. We’re the banter club of the efl now. Can’t wait to start supporting afc Derby 

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

How the fook have we ended up on this situation after years of budgeting under GSE? Yearly we’ve seen our better players leave (Ince, Hughes, Martin, Hendrick, Vydra..) to be in this mess is absolutely bs

There’s NO CASH COMING IN. THERE’S A BLOODY PANDEMIC AND A LOCKDOWN! We were flying by the seat of our pants already before the money dried up. 

This isn’t solely bad ownership, nobody could’ve foreseen what was coming! 

Archived