Abu Derby County

tinman

1 minute ago, James Pond said:

When I send my Adult Children gifts through my bank I have 2 choices Pay Now or Pay Later, I click pay now and boom it's in their account staright away and disappeared from mine ??

UK to UK payments? Then they’re called Faster Payments and will usually arrive almost immediately.

My advice, click on Pay Later and blame it on the banking system?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, angieram said:

On the contrary. It was the most scary transaction I have made in my life and I have only ever done it once in my life. 

I don't even know what a CHAPS payment is, @Tamworthram! As you can see, my lighthearted post above was meant rather as an antidote to all the financial "experts" speculating on here, many of whom I assume. like me, have never had to transfer £60 million anywhere! 

CHAPs payments are just a method of doing same day domestic payments above the free Faster Payment system and is what is used for things like house purchases.

So know you’ll know what to do when you do need to do that multi million pound transfer?No excuses.

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

I had to transfer a large sum of money between accounts last year and found out that the limit I could move was £10,000 per day. 

On that basis, I think the transfer might be complete in May 2037. ?

Is that how you got on the admin team ? 

Someone said you were shady, I was like “nah, not our Ange!” 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

This forum just gives and gives. Lectures on international finance for free ! Bet they don’t get that at florist 

No, they just have nutters hitting random bits of pottery in a garden with a baseball bat shouting "we hate derrrrby we hate derrrrrby". Classy bunch them red dogs.

38 minutes ago, James Pond said:

When I send my Adult Children gifts through my bank I have 2 choices Pay Now or Pay Later, I click pay now and boom it's in their account straight away and disappeared from mine ??

Edit

This is pay now in Arabic..ادفع الآن.

Perphaps the computer said....No!

I may be going out on a limb here but I reckon you didn't send them £60m? The more you send, the more checks and balances will be in place to scrutinise a transaction. Among other things, money laundering regs require and bank to do this.....

I tried to process a CHAPS payment on Thursday. 

Only way our bank accept is via a fax to a payment centre or via an e-mail, which must first go through our relationship manager (who has broken up until 4th January.

Needless to say, the payment did not get processed on Thursday so am not at all surprised if other people are having the same problem.

Add into the equation that the money will be transferred between solicitors (ours are closed all over the Xmas period) and it becomes even more unlikely that the deal would complete until next week.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Add into the equation that the money will be transferred between solicitors (ours are closed all over the Xmas period) and it becomes even more unlikely that the deal would complete until next week.

251344BE-4463-4DDC-9BD2-5C4948643986.thumb.jpeg.5ec115d13dda496aeae9a33444734e82.jpeg

another day goes by and we are now officially in the transfer window.

we need players, even leaving it until the last minute of january is throwing away several games which are key at the bottom.

get your finger out your arse khaled and mel, get it sorted, thats if you actually have any money

18 hours ago, Josh said:

Let me guess, it's a picture of DJ Khaled. 

It’ll be interesting very quickly - I assume players have been paid as it was the December pay cheque that was supposedly late although I wonder if we pay players on the 1st given what happened 12 months ago and that actually the letter was referring to the pay cheque due yesterday.

Let's face it,these excuses are worrying and don't bode well for the deal which sadly fits in with the general Derby county theme of ongoing disappointment at the moment.

I've been very positive about the takeover up to now but it's just unconvincing excuses after excuses and we need to prepare ourselves for the fact that it's probably not happening and as such we won't be buying in a great deal in January either.

It's down the squad and management we have to get us out of this mire so everyone needs to step up if we don't want to be playing in league 1 this time next year.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

21 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

another day goes by and we are now officially in the transfer window.

we need players, even leaving it until the last minute of january is throwing away several games which are key at the bottom.

get your finger out your arse khaled and mel, get it sorted, thats if you actually have any money

Hmmm... only one singular finger, and one singular arse, but two blokes!  I wonder who is doing what to who!

4 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

When I moved house the solicitor told me my money for the new house was in a queue. I had to wait outside the new house until 15:00 until I had confirmation the money had transferred. One of the most uncomfortable days of my life. 

Did they not leave any patio furniture out for you?

The rotten bar stewards!  ?

Archived