Abu Derby County

tinman

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I guess herein lies the answer to your question....if investors don't see Derby as a great investment opportunity then that could explain the delay in the takeover as there won't be many takers....look at Burnley though are you saying they have more potential than Derby? Granted they're in the Premiership (for now) but crap ground, no support.....

Personally as things stand i would say yes Burnley does have more potential than Derby. Quality of the ground and fan numbers are completely irrelevant in the Prem. From a purely monetary perspective Derby is a bigger gamble (since we could very well be in League one next year), but you stand more to gain from buying us cheap and getting to the Prem. Again though crowd sizes would be completely irrelevant from an investment perspective.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Was that a group session? Or one to one? 

Group session. There were about 10 to 15 of us in a wooden panelled room. Glick was excellent - very supportive of Clough. Said Clough was involved at every level of the club including persuading promising players to sign for our academy rather than Forest's and never stopped working. Think it was the season before Clough was sacked. There's no was Clough would have been sacked if Glick hadn't gone to Man City.

This take over reminds me of a time I was selling a car,prospective buyers initially very keen, wanting to buy car under his own terms,forever showing interest making promises and wasting my time,if the guy had kicked one tyre he had kicked them all a dozen times or more. In the end told him I sold the vehicle  just to get rid of him.

This take over is a shambles and doesn't bode well if it ever goes through.Mel continuing if the take over fails ,equally fails to offer any confidence regarding the club's progression ,as it's clear his enthusiasm towards the club has deminished.

29 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Group session. There were about 10 to 15 of us in a wooden panelled room. Glick was excellent - very supportive of Clough. Said Clough was involved at every level of the club including persuading promising players to sign for our academy rather than Forest's and never stopped working. Think it was the season before Clough was sacked. There's no was Clough would have been sacked if Glick hadn't gone to Man City.

Pretty sure i was in the same room. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Pretty sure i was in the same room. 

I liaised with Glick a lot by email at that time and he invited me to meet with him before a game but I couldn’t make it. I took it that it would have been 1:1 but perhaps it was the same group thing.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There is a very good chance he isnt buying Derby with his own money.

When there was talk of him buying Liverpool there was a Chinese investor willing to back him for 750 million.

He obviously finds a project (Liverpool/Newcastle/Derby), works all the sums out, pitches it to the many investors on his books and waits for someone to bite.

Twitter rumours suggest part of the delay as been due to initial investors backing out and Khaled rallying round other investors.

Doesn’t really sound good either way to be honest 

through all his faults u know that mel would do his best for the club ... an investment group do not have Derby county’s well being at the forefront of their minds 

30 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I liaised with Glick a lot by email at that time and he invited me to meet with him before a game but I couldn’t make it. I took it that it would have been 1:1 but perhaps it was the same group thing.

Same. Had 1:1s with Pearson and Appleby. Glick got my number off Colin Bloomfield and invited me to a few things. This was pre DCFCFans being the great site it is now. I was quite prolific on 606. 

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Same. Had 1:1s with Pearson and Appleby. Glick got my number off Colin Bloomfield and invited me to a few things. This was pre DCFCFans being the great site it is now. I was quite prolific on 606. 

Ahh the old 606 site. Was a good forum that, except that red dog WUM who used to post the word 'MAGIC' after everything 

2 hours ago, ram1964 said:

This take over reminds me of a time I was selling a car,prospective buyers initially very keen, wanting to buy car under his own terms,forever showing interest making promises and wasting my time,if the guy had kicked one tyre he had kicked them all a dozen times or more. In the end told him I sold the vehicle  just to get rid of him.

This take over is a shambles and doesn't bode well if it ever goes through.Mel continuing if the take over fails ,equally fails to offer any confidence regarding the club's progression ,as it's clear his enthusiasm towards the club has deminished.

Yes very uncertain times ahead. If the deal falls through, Mr Morris isn't going to be supporting the club financially, so cost cutting would be implemented. If the sale of the club does go through to the current prospective buyers, it's a total step into the unknown. We hope for a new owner who is genuinely interested in the football club, it's heritage and the fans. On the other hand we could end up with someone like the loathed Sheff Wed chairman......totally clueless, well out of his depth and treats the fans with contempt. He is just one example, there are many more. 

39 minutes ago, Josh said:

you sheikhs, you have so many names

we find it quite confusing

but we don't care which one you are

if you stop our team from losing 

15 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

It all sounds a bit like when we moved to the baseball ground and the board decided it would be a good idea to have a railway track behind one of the stands............96 years later we got our railway track!

God you've got a good memory?????

I did a back of a fag packet calculation based upon someone saying that the transaction would probably be based upon an agreed valuation - with a process to amend it based any financial changes.

So, I was thinking that the delays may be bringing in Mel a nice payday bonus!

Here's my flawed reconning!

Assuming that delays are going to feature in an adjustment to the valuation, then with each week's delay, Mel has lost the opportunity to have been investing the £60m for one week.

With one week being 2% of a year, and assuming one can get a return of at least 5% per year when investing so much, this brings a return of 2% of 5% per week, which is 0.1% per week. (I am sure that one can get a far bigger return than 5% per year.)

0.1% of £60m is £60,000 per week. So, maybe (!) each week of delay will be bringing Mel an extra £60k per week? (!) 

9 hours ago, Josh said:

If ever you needed proof how poor the Daily Mail is, that article does it. They use s picture of a random Arab and claim him to be our man. It's easy to find pictures of our Sheikh Khaled.

Archived