Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Then the club would only have themselves to blame if that happened. If it did happen then I could see the club turning to McClaren and offering him the job again. 

He will still be under contract as a player, until June 30th. So if he did get poached then a fee to Derby will be payable.

Also i believe Derby also have an option to tie him until 2022.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why doesn’t this remotely surprise me? Yet another negative headline about our great club. We really have descended into a joke of a club over recent years - this is the second time this has happened. Shameful really. Though, to be fair, I don’t really blame Mel and the current ownership this time. If they were assured the takeover would go through this morning, and it hasn’t, then the blame lies squarely at the door of Derventio. This takeover has been ridiculously protracted, they should be in control of the club by now and paying the players wages.

I don’t buy that the money is on its way either. This is sounding almost exactly like what that Newcastle fan warned us about - they didn’t transfer the money during that attempted takeover either. I’m nigh on certain that no money will ever reach Mel’s bank account, and I can virtually guarantee that this takeover will fall through over the next few days. The signs and red flags have been there for ages, these lot seem like absolute jokers, and I don’t think this takeover has ever truly been on. I only hope that when it falls through, which it will, Mel gets on with the day to day running of the club, which remains his responsibility until he finds a proper buyer, and pays the staff immediately. They have a right to be very annoyed with payment being late twice in a year.

1 hour ago, David said:

The replies on Twitter are the usual freak out, but like you I read the article and it reads a lot better, wasn’t a case of the players waking up and shouting where’s our money. Should be completed very soon now. 

Largely because a lot of people don’t beyond the headlines.  But I agree, it sounds like it will be completed, most likely early next week.

One thing is for sure, now that the letter states that the prospective new owners claim the money has been deposited, the outcome is definite - either it's true and we have new owners or if it doesn't arrive then that's it, it's over

Interesting that Rooney states we have two lists of transfer targets based on the takeover happening/not happening.

That must mean that the new owners have promised some transfer funds, surely ?

45 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Failing to pay the players and staff. It's now bordering on the ridiculous this so called takeover is. We are going to be reduced to a laughing stock when it falls through.

Are you taking on that role on the caretaker basis in the meantime?

I do wish people would read everything in an article instead of reacting to a headline and synopsis designed to grab attention.

There is even a mention that the funds might even go through later today and the staff will be paid as soon as the funds have appeared in the lawyers accounts. If that does happen today then no one will have been paid more than a few hours later than expected. How many of the playing staff do you think might be struggling to shuffle some money around for their mortgages or phone bills in that space of time? ?

Latest I can see things happening now is Monday due to NYD and weekend. To be honest, after Christmas Eve I didn’t even think we’d be this close before the end of the year.

I told you all 2 days ago, Sheikh Khaled rocked up at Pride Park with 60 million in cash and we turned him away as we arent accepting cash due to the Ramdemic.

He hot footed it to Santander with 60 million in a wheel Barrow and was last seen depositing the money into a self serve machine, he clearly didnt complete it before the branch shut so no doubt he will continue when Santander opens on Saturday.

I honestly dont get what all the panic is....

22 minutes ago, roboto said:

I do wish people would read everything in an article instead of reacting to a headline and synopsis designed to grab attention.

There is even a mention that the funds might even go through later today and the staff will be paid as soon as the funds have appeared in the lawyers accounts. If that does happen today then no one will have been paid more than a few hours later than expected. How many of the playing staff do you think might be struggling to shuffle some money around for their mortgages or phone bills in that space of time? ?

Latest I can see things happening now is Monday due to NYD and weekend. To be honest, after Christmas Eve I didn’t even think we’d be this close before the end of the year.

Actually, I suspect a number of u23 players may be on not particularly high wages and may well be reliant on wages for their mortgages. 

Bigger issue is whether one believes Derventio when they say funds are in transit. Hope it's true.  Wouldn't bank on it though. 

12 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Actually, I suspect a number of u23 players may be on not particularly high wages and may well be reliant on wages for their mortgages. 

Bigger issue is whether one believes Derventio when they say funds are in transit. Hope it's true.  Wouldn't bank on it though. 

Not if it’s Barclays.

Archived