11 points

California Ram.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Not going to happen. Were probably the only side in history to go up with a better team than we started the season with. 

Seth retired, lupoli was decent & didnt stay on, Barnes was injured & we signed big star names like Eddie Lewis. 

The wheels need to completey come off someones season for them to even get close. Ideally Fulham need to sack scott parker appoint someone incompetent. Maybe even sell mitrovic & replace him with stern john. 

I maintain if we stuck with Davies we'd have got more points. We'd have still finished bottom but he'd have done better than jewell. Also while we got battered most weeks there were the odd games we drew but were unlucky not to win. 

It took over 100 years to equal the FA cup final defeat scoreline & it'll probably take the same if not longer to come close to that record. I hope it doesn't but i can't see it 

Perhaps we could beat it ourselves after getting promotion. We know how to do it. You know you want it. Single figures has got to have history all over it. We would be legends in our own living room. When I look at the WBA and Fulham squads I do not see them that far away from our players individually except for about three players each. Brentford should have been promoted last year but did not make it. They have sold a couple of their best players. Sometimes down to fine margins really. There is nothing wrong with Fulham and WBA squads. Just their players are not quite as good, they lack experience and confidence at that level. They will lose some games only by one goal and it may well cost them their place in Premier League. You no longer need 40 points to stay up but 11 points will get you relegated. COYR

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

At least we did win one game early season, so the record for longest winless run at the start of the season is not our!

When we drew the first game of the season i thought we'd actually be alright. Needless to say, but that feeling didn't last very long! 

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

If thought the same with Fulham my favourite contender. I still remember the Newcastle game which we WON.

My mate went home and away that season except the Newcastle home game when he loaned me his season ticket as he couldn’t make it that night. 

He missed our only win !!

I was right behind Kenny Millers strike (thought he was rubbish by the way) and it was in all the way.

Still in shock over that season. Only Derby ...

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

57 minutes ago, GangwayD said:

My mate went home and away that season except the Newcastle home game when he loaned me his season ticket as he couldn’t make it that night. 

He missed our only win !!

I was right behind Kenny Millers strike (thought he was rubbish by the way) and it was in all the way.

Still in shock over that season. Only Derby ...

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

What happened to the promotion money from that season. Seemed to make no difference to us.

17 hours ago, California Ram. said:

Not that any Derby fan would ever tempt fate, but 6 games in (5 for Burnley) all the bottom 3 are currently on course to end lower than our famous 11 points.

Could this be the season to lose that record ? No one else has really come close (Sunderland with both 15 and 19 are nearest). Big game for Fulham on Saturday (home to West Brom), but at this stage - at least there’s a chance.

Bottom 2 are currently on course for 6.33 points this season and have helpfully already played each other once. 

Huddersfield got 14 - somehow did the double over wolves in that season. If wolves had turned up they would have our record. Every year there are more teams who get less than 20. Still can’t see anyone getting less than 11. 

15 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

I hope not.

People will judge us as the worst team in history but no-one will ever deny the quality and class of the Derby faithful.

No club in the history of football has ever had to endure the ridicule week in and week out live on TV but we never wavered, we never faltered, we just went to watch the game-in record numbers.

There’s got to be a good marketing spin/slogan on shirts/flags to remember the loyalty of fans in that season. Sort of twist it around on the “worst team in history chant”... get your creative caps on!

5 hours ago, GenBr said:

When we drew the first game of the season i thought we'd actually be alright. Needless to say, but that feeling didn't last very long! 

That was the only game I was at. I thought we’d be alright. I went travelling two days later, to darkest Africa, and then darkest South America. Didn’t really get much news back about the Rams. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked by the final tally. 

Eleven is abysmal. It’s almost unbelievable that any team could be that crap.

i am right that we had 7 points when billy went, and Jewell only got four points?

can’t see any of the bottom three being as poor as we were. 

Archived