Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

45 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Why drop Davies, defence has looked better with him there, don’t think Cocu will drop the three at the back, especially away from home?!

I agree. Best defender at the club. Unfortunately, he's also the worst passer at the club. So puts us under unnecessary pressure.

I think Clarke's form has dipped since last year, so you could put Davies in instead of him.

I just prefer 4-3-3 than 3 at the back. Even though Byrne and Buchanan are better as wing backs than fullbacks, 4 at the back let's us play more forward players.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall

Byrne   te Wierik   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan

Jozwiak   Knight   Bird   Lawrence

Rooney

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Evans, Shinnie, Whittaker, Trialist

Probably have Wisdom in for Dutch Mike and Shinnie in for Bird....

I think the current formation makes us look a lot more secure so wouldnt change that (even though i prefer 4-2-3-1). Defensively, I'd also keep the same personnel. Accept Evans wasnt great last night but lot to be said for keeping a settled backline & reality is we've only conceded one fantastic strike in 180 minutes.

Lawrence & Jozwiak come in to massively improve our attacking options and with the flexibility to swap flanks at will. Tom probably only able to play an hour but hoping we're leading at that point. Knight to replace Shinnie as does not deserve to be dropped & think his presence in the centre offers another goal outlet.

20201017_081845.thumb.jpg.0372c660acfdea7bda612b808d68da6e.jpg

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think the current formation makes us look a lot more secure so wouldnt change that (even though i prefer 4-2-3-1). Defensively, I'd also keep the same personnel. Accept Evans wasnt great last night but lot to be said for keeping a settled backline & reality is we've only conceded one fantastic strike in 180 minutes.

Lawrence & Jozwiak come in to massively improve our attacking options and with the flexibility to swap flanks at will. Tom probably only able to play an hour but hoping we're leading at that point. Knight to replace Shinnie as does not deserve to be dropped & think his presence in the centre offers another goal outlet.

20201017_081845.thumb.jpg.0372c660acfdea7bda612b808d68da6e.jpg

I refer the honourable gentleman to my comment above ?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my comment above ?

Valid calls but Shinnie & Bird along with a 5 man defence, makes us pretty stodgy I feel. Rooney needs support around him & Knight will offer that as well as the energy & bite that Shinnie offers.

I'd like Wisdom back in the back 3 as well but am loath to disrupt what has looked a very solid backline.

Just now, LeedsCityRam said:

Valid calls but Shinnie & Bird along with a 5 man defence, makes us pretty stodgy I feel. Rooney needs support around him & Knight will offer that as well as the energy & bite that Shinnie offers.

I'd like Wisdom back in the back 3 as well but am loath to disrupt what has looked a very solid backline.

No I would have Shinnie and Knight together with Bird missing out. Think Wisdom is more solid than Evans too ?

10 hours ago, sage said:

If you think about it we have half of our first choice team out for one reason and another. Luckily we fans are a sensible lot and take that into account rather than making rash judgements. 

Cocu in the physio room looking for his excuses after he fields a full strength team against 'udds and we're still crap...

john travolta GIF

I'm only joking. God soz. 

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Marshall 

Byrne Wiz Davies Clarke Buchanan  

Shinnie    Knight 

jozwaik  Rooney Lawrence 

Or

marshall 

Byrne Davies Clarke Buchanan 

Shinnie Bird

jozwaik Lawrence Knight 

Rooney 

The first option is my team. I think we will stick with the 3 central defenders until Bielik is back to shield a back 4 ?

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's away so I wouldn't have thought so.

I thought all games were included apart from live Sky games ? 

I think it'll be Holmes and Evans out for MTW and Joz. Lawrence not starting yet but getting second half minutes. Rooney continuing to wheeze his way to missing the few chances we get.

Marshall, Byrne, Davies, MTW, Clarke, Buchanan, Shinnie, Bird, Jozwiak, Rooney, Knight.

We lose narrowly and the Norwich game seems a ong time ago, we win narrowly and start to gain some confidence.

Se la vie.

Archived