Can Derby have 4th kit

B4ev6is

29 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I already have home and away shirt.

Why cant have shirt for mencap that supports people with learning differcults into work place.

That just as worthy as breast cancer.

There's millions of charities out there, the club have chosen a cancer charity to support for a season by donating kit sales. Great move from the club

If you don't like it, just don't buy it and save your money for next years

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am saw and jaw hurts

People like me get very little support in fact more places like this get shut down as relay on support of goverment funding.

B4, we all love you and appreciate the difficulties you have to go through.

But the kit is for a very worthwhile cause, and we've got a 100% record in it so far. Let's try and keep it going. COYR.

34 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Why cant have shirt for mencap that supports people with learning differcults into work place.

Have you seen the colour of the Mencap logo?

DA18CBF0-8893-47AB-A78B-32AD23B8901E.jpeg

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Definitely but there are loads of worthy causes. Impossible to select every one. We should support this charity and the club. It's a cool shirt, very different. Not everyone will like it but at least it helps a good cause. 

B4 - can always suggest a different charity for supporting learning difficulties next season. Even better if there's a local one in the Derby area.

I'm a trustee of a Hampshire charity that supports disabled people into the workplace. So I know and agree with you that organisations providing that sort of support are a vital part of our civic society. 

I'd buy such a shirt if you proposed it to the club - but we should support all charities and I'll be getting my pink soon. ?

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Wow, you can afford two kits and want to buy a third. Maybe you could consider not buying any kits and donating all the money saved to mencap instead. 

im lucky if I can get one kit every couple of seasons. 

I suggest you just be happy with the two youve already got. 

14 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm a trustee of a Hampshire charity that supports disabled people into the workplace. So I know and agree with you that organisations providing that sort of support are a vital part of our civic society. 

That’s probably the basis for another one of your really easy quiz questions.

”List the full names and DOBs of all eight trustees of the Hampshire-based charity that aims to help disabled people in the workplace”.

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Do we need a 4th kit.

As one got any money left after buying the 1st,2nd,3rd kits for the kids and the family?

Not even sure why we need an away kit with the white and pink ones.

I still mourn the fact kits used to last two years!

19 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Measure it up against all the kits you’ve liked B4, one kit that ain’t your cup of tea against all the ones you’ve liked ain’t a bad return.

Then consider it’s raising awareness, funds for a worthy cause, and a lot of others like it.

Pretend it’s a balloon and let it go mate, we’re not going to introduce a 4th kit just to keep you sweet.

spacer.png

Please never let balloons go! Even for charity..... wildlife and domestic life can choke on them, and they can take centuries to decompose. Today is World Animal Day. ? (It really is) 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That’s probably the basis for another one of your really easy quiz questions.

”List the full names and DOBs of all eight trustees of the Hampshire-based charity that aims to help disabled people in the workplace”.

Well you'd get a point for correctly guessing there are 8........bravo!

The usual standard of clue required would be something like " How many trustees (between 7 and 9) are on the Board of Yateley Industries for the Disabled?".

And @richinspain would still moan at the difficulty.....?

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

Please never let balloons go! Even for charity..... wildlife and domestic life can choke on them, and they can take centuries to decompose. Today is World Animal Day. ? (It really is) 

Oh ! Best not do that then, it was just the nicest way I could think of saying for goodness sake we get that you don’t like pink and there won’t be a 4th shirt.

On 03/10/2020 at 21:54, ITSD said:

I'd love our third kits every season to be charity themed, with a proportion of the sales going to the chosen charity

I'd love our first kit every season to be charity themed - Barcelona and Aston Villa managed it, why not other clubs?

Serious point, kit sales must be through the floor at the moment - I'm not a replica kit kinda fan but I would assume the fact you don't have match day means that many won't see the need for one, or am I missing the point? So maybe instead of saying there will be money from the third kit (nice gesture but, honestly, feels a bit like it will actually result in a few hundred quid being donated - and, yes, I do get that the major benefit is exposure, not kit sales) it might have been nice to say that for this season we will contribute a donation from every shirt.

Unless the whole thing is a bit of a ploy to get those (with some obvious exceptions) to buy yet another shirt. Surely not????????

Archived