Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Like others on this forum   I had to get over Colin Todd and Charlie George both being sold on  FAR TO CHEAP ....  Getting over there departure made it easy to get over any out going Derby player 

Agree, also Saunders and wright in my opinion went on a buy one get one free.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Like others on this forum   I had to get over Colin Todd and Charlie George both being sold on  FAR TO CHEAP ....  Getting over there departure made it easy to get over any out going Derby player 

Dont forget Wee Archie ,O'Hare and McGovern to Florist 

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The really amusing thing is that the comments made about Martin are mainly being made by detractors! FFS no-one else was mentioning him until you all piled in with your 'stop posting about CM' posts!

If anyone needs to get a grip it's the past 'haterz' who can't get over how very good he was for us and probably will be for Bristol City. He's so poor it's taken no time at all to replace him. ?

Complete baalocks as per 90% of your posts.

Nobody hates Martin.

If you challenge this I'll just claim I was making a sarcastic post.

So Dursun isn’t happening which means our only options are players from the premier league or the EFL. We need someone who is a different option, more of a physical presence. I like the sound of Davis as he would not give defenders a moment’s piece, but downside is he isn’t prolific. Austin I dont care what anyone says, he’s a physical presence and he knows where the net is. His mobility and fitness is a question mark.

If we get Austin, then we need a team that is going to get players around him and give him opportunities which means we need to sort the midfield balance. If we don’t sort that there is no point getting him. We would have the same problem with Chris Martin who regardless of what he’s doing at Bristol, would not have scored or assisted a goal yet this season in this team given how we’ve played so far.

Davis could make stuff happen on his own and chase lost causes, but we would need others to step up with the goals.

We’re going to sign someone who doesn’t tick all the boxes but given the financial situation that is to be expected. However both would be different options to what we have and I would welcome either.

9 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Agree, also Saunders and wright in my opinion went on a buy one get one free.

Saunders was a British record fee at the time and Wright was a record for a defender. We broke that one a years later buying Craig bleedin Short for 2.5 million.  Bonkers.

Wright had already agreed to go to Liverpool start of 90-91.  New his kids nanny and she was asked if she'd be willing to move 7 months before he went. 

20 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

2 weeks left no major panic...

I'd say there is a bit of panic now, tbh. 

We will probably try and sign an ex England International. We've signed Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard as manager.

Probably end up with Kevin Davies or summat. 

Archived