Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

4 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Martin averaged about a goal every 6-7 games since 2016, so same argument applies. 

Doesn't matter. Martin's a hold up striker that helps others, Austin is a poacher who isn't very good at poaching anymore, one clearly offers the team a lot more than the other, and is on the back off a good season. But take Martin out the equation, Austin's a busted flush. He's not a good enough footballer. We may as well play Marriott, Waggy and Hector-Ingram over him. 

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

It’s all down to opinions. I’ve followed his career fairly closely, as I live in the South West and watched him at Poole Town several times. I agree with you that he hasn’t set the world alight at the Baggies, but they obviously rated him when signing him for 4 million just over a year ago. If we sign him, and get him really fit and motivated he will fire us up the league. He’s been in the England squad a while back and only just turned 31, worth signing in my opinion. I also rate Chrissy, but it’s time to move on...........

You were the one who brought Martin up, I was purely talking about Austin. Used to be a good footballer, stopped being good around 4 years ago. Not fit enough, doesn't score enough goals, isn't great in all around play. Whatever he used to be is no longer relevant. It's such a polar opposite move to everything else we've done for the rest of this window. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Doesn't matter. Martin's a hold up striker than helps others, Austin is a poacher who isn't very good at poaching anymore, one clearly offers the team a lot more than the other, and is on the back off a good season. But take Martin out the equation, Austin's a busted flush. He's not a good enough footballer. We may as well play Marriott, Waggy and Hector-Ingram over him. 

I feel like signing Austin just goes against everything cocu has said about his vision etc,  maybe thats down to not being able to get his first choices in I dont know , but either way it really doesn't inspire me for a full season with what we have 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You were the one who brought Martin up, I was purely talking about Austin. Used to be a good footballer, stopped being good around 4 years ago. Not fit enough, doesn't score enough goals, isn't great in all around play. Whatever he used to be is no longer relevant. It's such a polar opposite move to everything else we've done for the rest of this window. 

Charlie Austin could be our Glen Murray, I really hope he comes in and proves the doubters wrong! He’s unlike Nugent because he is a natural goalscorer, something you rarely find in football. We also need experience in this squad and he’d be great in the dressing room for the likes of Stretton and Whittaker! 

The really amusing thing is that the comments made about Martin are mainly being made by detractors! FFS no-one else was mentioning him until you all piled in with your 'stop posting about CM' posts!

If anyone needs to get a grip it's the past 'haterz' who can't get over how very good he was for us and probably will be for Bristol City. He's so poor it's taken no time at all to replace him. ?

Archived